article thumbnail

Master of Customer Acquisition, Matt Coffin, On Startups …

Both Sides of the Table

I figured if Matt was on the verge of bankruptcy and one mentor changed his trajectory, what if we had a formalized, community-wide program? Lean startup: o It’s situational so some businesses are operationally/people intensive, high LTV (lifetime value) means you can spend more upfront. He told them it was now or never.

article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

As I touched on before, China and India have the most mature VC communities. Thus, one can say the concept of a “ lean startup ” existed in Asia far longer than in the Valley – it’s just that no one ever wrote a book about it. The term sheets tend to be fairly standardized and straightforward as well.

Asia 132
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

WSGR online venture financing term sheet generator

Startup Company Lawyer

Always looking for ways to better serve the entrepreneurial community, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is pleased to announce the release of the WSGR Term Sheet Generator , a publicly available online tool that allows entrepreneurs and investors to generate an initial draft of a term sheet for a preferred stock financing.

article thumbnail

Airbnb Reflections

Reid Hoffman

And if the reference checks come back positively, then if I believe at startup is a good opportunity, I can lean in right away. So I got the license to put a term sheet down, and we made the investment. The most important thing is to preserve the health of the network, because a great company is a community, not just a business.

Hosting 69
article thumbnail

A Quality Benchmark for Accelerators: The Global Accelerator Network

Feld Thoughts

Some are major contributors to their startup communities. As with everything new that grows quickly, it’s a chaotic system with lots of innovation, creative destruction, and rapid change and learning that – if done well – is a great example of the power of the Lean Startup approach to entrepreneurship.

Global 179
article thumbnail

Two investment deals are on the table. Which do you sign?

The Startup Toolkit

You’re facing two term sheets and have boiled them down to the most relevant facts, listed below. Vision for B2C, virality-driven community. The financials immediately jump out when we talk about term sheets: what’s the valuation? Which do you choose? 1.25mm total. Requires team relocation.

article thumbnail

Two investment deals are on the table. Which do you sign?

The Startup Toolkit

You’re facing two term sheets and have boiled them down to the most relevant facts, listed below. Vision for B2C, virality-driven community. The financials immediately jump out when we talk about term sheets: what’s the valuation? Which do you choose? 1.25mm total. Requires team relocation.