article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld. Think again.

Community 378
article thumbnail

STRAP Technologies, Groundbreaking Device to Aid the Visually Impaired, Announces New Hire

Austin Startup

Strap Technologies, the groundbreaking company headquartered in Austin, Texas with a mission to become the world’s first substitute for the white cane, has announced that Natalia Ferriz will join the rapidly expanding team as Marketing Director.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 5 Best States In America For New Business

YoungUpstarts

Additionally, the tech startup community has grown so quickly that Utah has a new nickname: The Silicon Slopes. Prospective business owners can get the best of everything in Texas. For technologically inclined businesses, Texas has increased its STEM (Science, technology, engineering and mathematics) workforce by 34,000 since 2009.

article thumbnail

Meet our Startup Chica Committee Members

Austin Startup

Startup Chica Spotlight: Meet our 2019 Committee Members Meet the Austin professionals and community leaders who have embraced the Latinitas mission and helped make Startup Chica 2019 a reality. After graduating, she came back to Texas?—?Austin, Paulina continued her studies in graduate school to focus on game production.

article thumbnail

9 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Business They are Starting Next Year

Hearpreneur

2- Expanding into Texas. Next year, I am expanding my already successful business into Texas. I’ve spent my time during the pandemic building a strong foundation, growing my social media following and joining the Expat Coach Coalition. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Lori Cheek, Cheekd ! #2-

Kentucky 104
article thumbnail

Maker Faire Austin: May 5–6 at Palmer

Austin Startup

The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community. Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The fun comes to the Palmer Events Center in Austin on the weekend of Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6.

Austin 63
article thumbnail

Awesome Austin Tech Events, May 8–15

Austin Startup

The Forrest Four-Cast: May 7, 2017 The strength of the Central Texas technology / startup scene helps SXSW thrive as an epicenter of innovation. Monday, May 8: Grimoire Con 2017 North America This conference shows GrimoireLab updates, use cases and practical workshop/s for developers, community managers, project managers, etc.