article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 2

TechEmpower

Only Cake PHP requires more than 100 milliseconds. As before, Raw PHP is also very strong in this test. Again, Raw PHP makes an extremely strong showing. PHP with an ORM and Cake improved dramatically from last week''s test thanks to configuration changes recommended by the community. with APC, PHP-FPM, nginx.

Framework 559
article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 1

TechEmpower

We have since posted a second round and third round that each include community-contributed updates. And let us simply draw the curtain of charity over the Cake PHP results. We are especially interested in community feedback related to tuning these MongoDB numbers. We were surprised by the performance of Raw PHP in this test.

Framework 544
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks

TechEmpower

And let us simply draw the curtain of charity over the Cake PHP results. For this exercise, we aimed to configure every framework according to the best practices for production deployments gleaned from documentation and popular community opinion. We were surprised by the performance of Raw PHP in this test. Dedicated hardware.

Framework 560
article thumbnail

How to Choose a Programming Language as a Tech Startup

The Startup Magazine

Let’s face it – you’re probably an excellent salesperson, a great networker and a capable businessman, but software development is a whole other story. For every programming language, there’s a community surrounding it, making certain languages better suited for certain industries. PHP with Laravel Framework.

article thumbnail

50 Places You Can Learn to Code (for Free) Online

YoungUpstarts

University-level courses, tutorials, cheat sheets, and coding communities all offer excellent ways to pick up a new language, and maybe even a new job, too. Princeton : Through Princeton University’s Coursera site, you can find courses on algorithms, computer architecture, and networks. Language Specific.

Ruby 237
article thumbnail

Los Angeles Startup Events

SoCal CTO

I realized that it has been a little while since I posted about the Los Angeles Startup Community and so needed to update my list of startup events that will be out of date almost before I finish publishing it.

article thumbnail

The Market Is Hot for Code Climate, NextView’s Newest Investment

Genuine VC

The two companies had been working together for a while, especially as both are deeply embedded within the Ruby on Rails developer community, with a strong following for their respective offerings. As an Advisor to thoughtbot the past couple years, I’ve come to place a lot of weight and trust in Chad’s opinion.