article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

But don’t fret—community lenders are helping small businesses. Meet the community lenders. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are one type of community lender. They are usually nonprofit organizations committed to the mission of making capital accessible to the communities they serve.

Community 117
article thumbnail

Inaugural Investor Day @ FinTech Innovation Lab

David Teten

On Friday morning, I witnessed another volley of shots being fired from New York City at Palo Alto during FinTech Innovation Lab ‘s Inaugural Investor Day. The Lab is a collaboration between the New York City Investment Fund and Accenture, with support from the New York banking community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. First Round Capital’s forum for portfolio executives is a powerful example of a scaleable resource. – Provide hands-on operational support for portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

Top 5 Tips To Successfully Recruit Creative Talent

YoungUpstarts

Austin has a relatively small tech community, so reputation is a stronger factor there than it would be in a huge market like New York City. Considering the recruiting and hiring process from the user perspective can help your company build a positive brand in the tech community.

article thumbnail

Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities

Both Sides of the Table

We threw a Launchpad LA dinner to bring the community together as we tend to do 6-10 times a year. Brad wrote up his answer here – you should read it because it’s very instructive for how I believe communities ought to think about naming conventions. ” That always stuck with me. That seems very Brad to me.

Community 304
article thumbnail

Founders Interview: Digital Marketing Turning Brands into Icons – UKONIK

The Startup Magazine

UKONIK is a New York City-based brand-new and privately-held company entering the digital marketing and advertising industry by supporting businesses’ adaptation to digital reality. This pivot gave us an opportunity to diversify our portfolio and create a diversified empire.

Founder 145
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

We’re also regularly following-on for existing portfolio companies.”. Tyler Tringas, General Partner, observes, “Almost all of these new [RBI] forms of financing really only work for more mature companies (say $25-50k MRR and up) and there are still very few new options at the stage where we are investing.” ARR of $500K+.

Revenue 60