article thumbnail

9 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Business They are Starting Next Year

Hearpreneur

2- Expanding into Texas. Next year, I am expanding my already successful business into Texas. Due to COVID-19, and the turmoil it’s spread to brick & mortar businesses like mine, I have decided with my partners that we need to take a new approach within our company to generate additional revenue.

Kentucky 106
article thumbnail

A Guide for Austin Health and Wellness Entrepreneurs

Austin Startup

Austin, Texas is the “Live Music Capital of the World,” one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US, and a hub of entrepreneurship and innovation. Although many promotional efforts can now occur online, participating in your local community can give your brand an edge over the competition.

Austin 62
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Special Edition: Smart Bear Live!

A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks

‘Cause otherwise you’ll miss out on stuff like this: How I illegally got 25,000 students at the University of Texas to use my FastScheduler software in the 90′s. When should a company should focus on growth only, ignoring the business model and revenue?

Cofounder 226
article thumbnail

Building Bridges for the Texas Innovation Ecosystem: Two programs, One State, One Summer

Austin Startup

MassChallenge Texas’ first two years were big. As we enter year three, we are excited to announce that both accelerator programs in Austin and Houston will run simultaneously which gives us the ability to support up to 200 early-stage startups, and help connect them to Texas’ innovation communities.

Texas 62
article thumbnail

Should Early Stage Startups Move to Austin because of Capital?

Austin Startup

In September 2017, I spent 2 weeks in Austin, Texas to understand what makes this vibrant startup ecosystem tick. For starters, it’s worth pointing out that Texas is an oil state. Namely, windfall revenue from oil means that the Texas taxman does not collect personal or corporate income taxes (on the state level).

article thumbnail

Learn your Austin ABC’s and become a local super-connector

Austin Startup

Colonel) is the Director of the Texas Military Department Joint Innovation Unit, a DARPA and NSIN Fellow, and now leads the Defense Innovation Unit across Texas. Ben lives the Texas Startup Manifesto having lived in Austin and Dallas and with Hypergiant offices in both cities plus Houston. STOIKY is his callsign.

Austin 110
article thumbnail

The Texas Startup Manifesto

Austin Startup

Texas has 4 of the 11 largest cities in the United States and they are all within driving distance of each other. Texas is the most promising technology investment opportunity in the United States and Capital Factory is going to turbocharge it. I believe it will take all of Texas working together. Texas cities are diverse.

Texas 97