article thumbnail

10 Keys To A Credible and Trusted Internet Web Domain

Startup Professionals Musings

Publish a regular blog, contribute to relevant social networks, and highlight several videos, podcasts, or eBooks of you and your technology. Show your visitors some evidence of community involvement and charity efforts. They will exit quickly. Show evidence of your expertise. Create a positive online image.

Internet 294
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Just a quick note that I'll be moderating a Technology Council Event : Social Networking as a Business Strategy May 19, 2009 - Culver City Social networking media are used on a daily basis to grow businesses and expand career opportunities. Can social networking be a money-maker for companies?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Collaborative Web: Github is the New Flickr

This is going to be BIG.

I was chatting with Thor Muller a couple of weeks ago about web trends--and he made a very insightful point as I talked about how I see more and more models around getting people to work together in different ways. He said that Flickr taught us all about social applications--and gave birth to Web 2.0 Need to find a collaborator?

Web 127
article thumbnail

Clubhouse put a big bullseye on social audio

VC Cafe

The early buzz of Clubhouse (despite being invite-only and iOS having a total reach of about 2 million users) along with the rising popularity of podcasts has shown that consumers crave social audio interactions and that there’s plenty of room for innovation in the space. Like in the early days of Web 2.0, Bootstrapped.

Audio 139
article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

Today, we’ll cover web design marketing best practices and tips for small business. Most businesses, from one person start-ups to small and mid-size businesses to international conglomerates, need to have a presence on the Web. The homepage is typically the most important part of a small business web design.

article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

Today, we’ll cover web design marketing best practices and tips for small business. Most businesses, from one person start-ups to small and mid-size businesses to international conglomerates, need to have a presence on the Web. The homepage is typically the most important part of a small business web design.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Programming Language as a Tech Startup

The Startup Magazine

For every programming language, there’s a community surrounding it, making certain languages better suited for certain industries. Ruby is generally adopted by small companies, owing to its experimental and exploratory community. Many are able to pick up a new language relatively quickly and are happy to add to their skills.