article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

There are now many metro areas with growing infrastructure and increasingly skilled workforces that can support tech startups. . Increasingly, these metro areas are regularly appearing in rankings of the best cities in the United States for startups and entrepreneurs. The city is renowned as a center for tech entrepreneurship.

article thumbnail

[Review] Startup Communities

YoungUpstarts

“We need to be like Silicon Valley,” we hear many a startup community organizer around the world intone. After all, Silicon Valley been held up as a shining example as a hotbed for startups and many clamor to copy its success in positioning themselves as a similar scene for innovation and technological entrepreneurship.

Community 174
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

McLaren Strategic Ventures Sajan Pillai Discusses the Top Five Trends for Advancing Global Technology in 2022 

The Startup Magazine

Heralding a new era of digital transformation, technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) are being infused exponentially into the world around us. Most notably, the ground-breaking development and rapid global distribution of mRNA vaccines highlighted the speed and scale of technological advances to outsmart humanity’s most dire threats.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities | Rural Entrepreneurship

VC Adventure

I’ve always loved Brad’s Startup Communities – it’s long been my favorite of his books, built upon ideas that are clearly stating the test of time. He’s recently come out with a new version of the book , as well as a companion book called The Startup Community Way. They are outstanding.

Community 112
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. I’d argue that the same type of technologies that have revolutionized dating can revolutionize our industry. . I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations.

article thumbnail

Listen To the Haters So You Can Prove Them Wrong

YoungUpstarts

I never paid my dues at a corporate job. I had a husband who was gone more hours than he was home, working at a technology startup while getting his MBA at night. Less than ten years later , I had taken my healthcare tech company from a concept to a business – a business that someone wanted to buy.

article thumbnail

Things To Expect As A Woman Founder When Starting A Tech-Based Company

YoungUpstarts

According to Markets Insider, the number of enterprises run by women in the United States has doubled in the last 20 years. Every day in the United States, women initiate around 849 new businesses; a highly impressive figure that harbors innumerable challenges. Responding to Social Expectation.