| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | ANGEL INVESTING NEWS
JANUARY 25, 2012 Protecting IP in Crowdfunded Deals
Investors will eventually want to validate the intellectual property (IP) prior to investing but not just to hear about the opportunity. During this phase of the investment process, representatives of the investor group may agree to a non-disclosure agreement as part of their validation of the IP. I wonder.
| || |
| || || |
| | THE STARTUP LAWYER
JANUARY 26, 2010 Lockdown Lost-Founder IP
The answer to this question depends on how well your startup secures its intellectual property. Even worse, this lost founder will have more leverage now with your startup than if you had acquired his intellectual property at the outset. How to Lock Down the IP. I’m willing to bet a few. Lost Founders.
| || | THE STARTUP LAWYER
JANUARY 28, 2010 Should a Founder License IP to a Startup?
Often a startup founder will desire to license his or her intellectual property to a new startup venture, rather than transfer ownership to the startup at incorporation via a technology assignment agreement. Founder IP License Problem. Founder IP Should Become Startup IP. This is a bad idea. Conclusion.
| || || || |
GUST Do It Right The First Time, Part II: Visit the Doctor or House Call?
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2011
Readers can anticipate my next point in continuing the analogy: It makes no more sense for a non-lawyer to prepare fundamental legal, governance, equity
and intellectual property
documents than it would for a patient to self-diagnose and begin taking prescription-strength antibiotics or other medications. Newco, Inc.”) MORE >>
- Startups Need the ‘Why’ Before the ‘What’ to Build
Although their book is written for businesses of all sizes, I believe the principles apply especially to startups as follows: Increase return on equity
invested. Intellectual property
). All too many startups are founded simply on the basis of a new and exciting technology invented by an industrious technologist. MORE >>
STARTUP COMPANY LAWYER When do I need to incorporate a company?
| MONDAY, JULY 20, 2009
If there is more than one founder, the likelihood of an argument about how the equity
should be split in the new company increases dramatically. Incorporating a company and issuing stock to the founders will help prevent misunderstandings among the founders about equity
splits. Creating intellectual property
. Funding. MORE >>
HIGH CONTRAST Startup Founder Agreements
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
It outlines key points of agreement between founders around IP
ownership, vesting, etc. For example, without a clear vehicle (a company) to contribute intellectual property
into, a founder who walks away may mean that the future company won’t own its own IP
. This isn’t just CYA. Urban legends. MORE >>
GRASSHOPPERHERDER.COM Piercing the Corporate Veil of Sweat Equity
| SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011
Piercing the Corporate Veil – Sweat Equity
Consulting. But much like becoming a co-founder, getting paid sweat equity
is essentially becoming an investor in the company. If you did, why would you be consulting for sweat equity
instead of investing as a VC or for yourself? " So why put in sweat equity
? Summary. MORE >>
- Do It Right The First Time: Avoiding “Janitorial” Legal Work GUST | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2011
- Five Reasons for Setting Startup Strategy Early STARTUP PROFESSIONALS MUSINGS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2010
- Polaroid Comeback? Meet the Entrepreneur Reinventing the Classic Brand FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG | TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2013
- Royalty Based Financing As A New Tool for Start-Up Financing? RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2, 2011
- Rice Alliance Technology Entrepreneur Workshop 2011 STARTUP HOUSTON | THURSDAY, JULY 14, 2011
- A Compilation of the Web's Best Advice for Entrepreneurs PLATFORMS AND NETWORKS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2009
- The Road Map of a Start-Up and the Entrepreneur - Part 4 of 4 RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | THURSDAY, APRIL 28, 2011
- Startup Resources WWW.VCCAFE.COM | MONDAY, MARCH 11, 2013
- 5/25-NYC – Investing in Intellectual Capital: Patents, Trademarks, Domain Names, Litigation, Government Rights, and other Intangible Assets DAVID TETEN | MONDAY, MAY 16, 2011
- Invest in Israel Newsletter October 2010 Edition VC CAFE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2010
- Five signs it’s time to get your business organized WWW.GREENHORNCONNECT.COM | MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2011
- Beware The Consultant INFOCHACHKIE.COM | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011
- Startup Blog: 7 Questions You May Get from Potential Investors TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2011
- Startup Blog: Licensing Technologies from Universities � Tips for. TAFFY WILLIAMS | FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 2011
- Startup Blog: Don't Forget You May Have a Partner(s) TAFFY WILLIAMS | SATURDAY, APRIL 9, 2011
- Startup Blog: Getting Rights to the Technology TAFFY WILLIAMS | THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2011
- Startup Blog: Staff & Money or Money & Staff TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2011
- �Show Me the Money�: Is This the Right Business Opportunity? TAFFY WILLIAMS | FRIDAY, MARCH 18, 2011
- Startup Blog: Select Technology and Negotiate Rights TAFFY WILLIAMS | THURSDAY, APRIL 7, 2011
- The Engine of Economic Growth TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011
- Startup Blog: Parallel Paper Economy (by S.A. Boyko and W.C. TAFFY WILLIAMS | THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2011
- Term-sheets and Valuations: Thinking about Negotiations - Startups. TIM KEANE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2010
- Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 2008
- Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 2008
- Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 14, 2008
- Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | MONDAY, JULY 28, 2008
StartUpRoar can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.