| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | K9 VENTURES
APRIL 28, 2010 Announcing K9 Ventures, L.P. – a seed stage fund
I’m pleased to announce the formation of K9 Ventures, L.P. – a seed-stage fund. K9 Ventures, L.P. is a $6.25M fund that is designed to do concept and seed-stage investments in technology companies. Twilio (Seed and Series A). HighlightCam (Seed). DNAnexus (Series A).
| | FELD THOUGHTS
MAY 8, 2012 Too Many Seed Investment Choices
Yesterday I sent emails out passing on participating in two seed rounds for companies I really like. They had lots of investors trying to invest and each company was competitive with two other seed stage companies we’ve seen in the past 30 days. Finally, we believe strongly in active engagement as a seed investor.
| || || |
| || || | GENUINE VC
SEPTEMBER 7, 2010 A Beer Drinker's View of the Venture Industry
These firms aim broadly – diverse along sector, geography, and stage lines. Perhaps a contrarian statement in this environment: but even though there’s been a dip in fund size due to broad economic factors and LP appetite, it wouldn’t surprise me if the truly top firms raise even larger funds over the coming decade.
| | GENUINE VC
OCTOBER 11, 2011 Beer Kegs and the Future of Venture Capital: What It Means for Entrepreneurs
Large VC firms resemble Budweiser-type macrobrews, competing based on scale and brand with a standardized product across multiple geographies, sectors, and stages. Whether buying a whole keg or just a single draft beer - raising a large round or only a seed round, the VC landscape is definitely changing dramatically for entrepreneurs.
| || || || |
ASK THE VC How Do VCs Mitigate Risk In Their Investment Portfolios?
| SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2011
Are VCs simply looking to diversify the type and stage
of companies in which they invest, or do they employ other financial hedging strategies? In many cases, they are prohibited from doing this by their LP
agreements and/or investment documents in the companies when they make an investment. This ebbs and flows. MORE >>
VENTURE HACKS How to raise money with no lead
| SATURDAY, JULY 31, 2010
Should you have a board seat for seed
investors? Does a small seed
round need protective provisions? Before you raise a seed
round, you need a product in the marketplace. What are the different types of seed stage
investors? If you’re talking to a VC, make sure they really do seed stage
rounds. MORE >>
REDEYE VC Fun Fact of The Week: Time from Inbox to Investment
| WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
During the last few weeks there has been a lot of commentary about what’s going on in the seed
funding markets. During this same time period I saw the movie Moneyball (liked it, thought the book was better) and my fund held our Annual LP
meeting. So I’m full of fresh stats about our portfolio of over 125 seed
companies. MORE >>
K9 VENTURES Announcing K9 Ventures II – A $40M technology-focused micro-VC fund
| THURSDAY, JULY 19, 2012
I am pleased to announce the formation of K9 Ventures II, L.P.
K9 Ventures started investing in 2009 with our first fund, K9 Ventures, L.P.
, The objective for K9 was to invest only in a handful (4-6) of companies each year and to be actively engaged with those companies during their seed stage
. was acquired by PayPal. MORE >>
BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE Why Email May Be Draining Your Company’s Productivity
| WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2011
Separately, in the morning I called a seed
investor in NY and talked to him about investing in one of my companies. had lunch with an LP
. Email. Ah, email. That great productivity drain that we somehow all buy into. ” I was lamenting it tonight when I saw the most brilliant response Tweet by Andrew Hyde . Is that OK? MORE >>
- Changes in Software & Venture Capital – Part 2 of 3 BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2011
- A brief history of your investors (and their investors) VENTURE HACKS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Burnham's Beat: Why Convertible Debt Is A Sucker's Play BURNHAM'S BEAT | MONDAY, AUGUST 30, 2010
- Back from the Dark Side VENTURE CYCLIST | TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 2013
- When Bad News Is Actually Good News BABBLING VC | MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2011
- How to raise money with no lead VENTURE HACKS | SATURDAY, JULY 31, 2010
- VCs in seed clothing: Chris Dixon, Mark Suster, and Naval Ravikant interviewed VENTURE HACKS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2010
- Alternative To Company Valuation For Startups ARCTICSTARTUP | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2010
- Happy Birthday, RTP Ventures PASSIONATE INTENSITY | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2012
- Some Thoughts on Communicating With Your Investors ROB GO | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- OATV Fund III BRYCE DOT VC | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2012
- Final Close: The Story Behind NextView's Own Fundraise � AGILEVC AGILE VC | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012
- Don't Kill the VC Golden Goose! Why Raising Taxes on Carried. VCBALL | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2007
- Full Time Vs Part Time Angel Investors MARK BIRCH | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
StartUpRoar can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.