Remove .Net Remove Community Remove Government Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. For example, I’m an investor via ff Venture Capital in: – Plated.com is a meal kit company, delivering you the recipe and fresh ingredients to make a gourmet meal in your own kitchen.

article thumbnail

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning– Explained

Steve Blank

You succeed in convincing one company and a government to adopt computers and learn to code much faster than their competitors /adversaries. These technologies will transform businesses and government agencies. Today, 100s of billions of dollars in private capital have been invested in 1,000s of AI startups. See here.).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Ways To Get The Capital You Need For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

These organizations, like Y Combinator , are very popular these days, and are often associated with major universities, community development organizations, or even large companies. Solicit venture capital investors. They typically look for big opportunities, needing a couple of million dollars or more, with a proven team.

Equity 266
article thumbnail

10 Alternative Funding Sources For Your New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

These organizations, like Y Combinator , are very popular these days, and are often associated with major universities, community development organizations, or even large companies. Solicit venture capital investors. They typically look for big opportunities, needing a couple of million dollars or more, with a proven team.

Equity 436
article thumbnail

Scaling Solutions to Climate Change — A review of John Doerr’s “Speed and Scale”?

Reid Hoffman

How do we achieve cooperation amongst a diverse range of governments, industries, and communities, all of whom have different and often competing interests? To achieve that goal, we must “reach net-zero emissions by 2050 — and get halfway there by 2030.” Can we innovate fast enough to make a difference?

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. Changes in the Software World & in Venture Capital. The Foundations of the Seattle startup community.