Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Internet Remove Media
article thumbnail

4 Reasons For Creating Your Brand Online On Your Own Land

Brandanew

The reason I got reminded of it, was a conversation with a brand owner about the great impact he had created for this brand on earned media. While the brand/ products had found organic mentions all over the Internet and who’s who media of their particular industry, the brand itself had little presence on social media or Google.

article thumbnail

The Golden Age of the Boston Internet Entrepreneur

Genuine VC

There are a couple classic archetypes of internet/software founders, including the genius college student cooking up something quirky but ultimately disruptive in his dorm room who launches his company straight out of undergrad. Reactions when I told people I was an “internet entrepreneur” ranged from smirks to blank stares.

Boston 206
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Care And Feeding Of A Startup

YoungUpstarts

By comparison, Brian Morgan, who founded Adventure Life , from Missoula, Montana, started in 1998 with 16 employees and a decade later was earning $11 million after an initial investment capital of $3,000 spent on a laptop and two brochures. Participate in community events to expose people to your business.

Cofounder 100
article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

By day he works on web and social media for HP. We needed improvements in video compression and in TCP/IP – the underlying protocol that essentially runs the Internet. I looked at the future predictions for “modem speed” (as I called it back then, today we’d called it internet connection speed or bandwidth).

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

In 1998 there were around 850 VC funds and by 2000 there were 2,300. In 1998 it was 150 million, 1999 250 million and by 2000 it had crossed 350 million. By the end of 2011 the Internet population was estimated at 2.3 Internet usage a decade ago was less than 1 hour per day and was restricted to narrowband communications.

article thumbnail

Probable and Improbable Lobbying Wins: The 1,000-stockholder Rule

Gust

Without these two laws (or their equivalent), the social media revolution of the past decade would have been stillborn. As I write this, Congress is teetering on the brink of passing the most disastrously ill-conceived law in the 18-year history of the commercial Internet, SOPA.

IPO 110
article thumbnail

Think Different: How To Make Your Tagline Stand Out From The Crowd

crowdSPRING Blog

Think different (Apple) – 1998. You can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 65,000 designers and writers to come up with your tagline , or you can come up with one on your own. Insurance companies speak with a different voice than Internet companies. California Milk Processor Board) – 1993.