Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Internet Remove Security
article thumbnail

Probable and Improbable Lobbying Wins: The 1,000-stockholder Rule

Gust

As I write this, Congress is teetering on the brink of passing the most disastrously ill-conceived law in the 18-year history of the commercial Internet, SOPA. I will leave it to law professor Eric Goldman to articulate better than I could why “ this law mortally threatens the entire UGC community.”

IPO 110
article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). The Bridge Between Online Services & The Internet: AOL.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A tale of two cities: Bewildered by the city government's continued cluelessness on NYC's innovation scene

This is going to be BIG.

Either way the "one stop shop" model went out with portals in 1998. What's really unfortunate is that, each week, community members run tons of high quality events where entrepreneurs connect and learn. internet technology. I'd love it if you were promote the existing efforts of the community to build an ecosystem.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Panel 1 – How Social Investing is Disrupting Traditional Investing in Public Securities. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. Mr. Lindzon continues to manage a hedge fund he started in 1998. He joined Goldman Sachs & Co.

article thumbnail

Recurring Revenue is Magic

Seeing Both Sides

In 1998, Yom Kippur fell on September 30th. For most of the Jewish community, the date of the most important holiday of the year was no different than in other years. Uber is another nice example of this since securing transportation tends to be a recurring transaction for many professionals.

Revenue 54
article thumbnail

Growthink Innovation Series: FinTech

Growthink Blog

Quite simply, the digital, mobile, and Internet revolutions are transforming the way customers access financial products and services of all types, and across all consumer and business sectors. Since being founded in 1998 LendingTree has facilitated more than 32 million loan requests.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

In my field—online English language teaching—there are a lot of literal business names out there: Joe’s Internet English School, Learn English Online via Skype, etc. Back then, around 1998, I had a small graphic design firm and I brokered printing for my clients. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. I didn’t want that.

Naming 102