Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Internet Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. I don’t believe that search is the only answer in 2010 as it was in 2000. You go onto the Internet and can control what people hear on terrestrial radio. It offers Internet radio targeted advertising and is growing really well.

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

Many observers of the venture capital industry have questioned whether its best days are behind it. Looking ahead at the next decade I am excited by what I believe will be viewed as one of the best and most rational investment periods for venture capital due to seven discrete factors: 1. The Funding Problem.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Turning the Camera on Chris Dixon

Both Sides of the Table

This week I sat down with Chris Dixon, co-founder / CEO of Hunch and Partner at Founder Collective in the most recent installment of This Week in Venture Capital. He added that current Internet trends favor NYC, given the reliance on creativity, design, and the importance of consumers – all areas in which NYC excels.

article thumbnail

The Golden Age of the Boston Internet Entrepreneur

Genuine VC

There are a couple classic archetypes of internet/software founders, including the genius college student cooking up something quirky but ultimately disruptive in his dorm room who launches his company straight out of undergrad. Reactions when I told people I was an “internet entrepreneur” ranged from smirks to blank stares.

Boston 206
article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. The Boulder Entrepreneurial Community. Before the Internet (1970 to 1994).

Community 142
article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

TL:DR : This post aims to recap significant changes in the venture capital industry over the past ten years, and then make some [biased] predictions as to major forces at play in the next five years. However, all three shifts are related and can be summed up simply as: Geeks are Taking Over Venture Capital.

article thumbnail

Will Work for Equity - Investing in Clients - Arizona Bay

www.inc.com

Join our community. Internet and Online Business. Dave Graham Business Venture Capital Private Equity GlobalLogic Inc. Venture Capital Firms. Jumpstart was one of Grahams first clients; it signed on shortly after he founded Arizona Bay, in 2000. ); Login or signup. Welcome | Logout. Forgot login ?

Arizona 40