Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Partner
article thumbnail

Put A Coin In It! Invest In Early Stage Startups To See Maximum ROI

YoungUpstarts

From there, it’s time to inquire what the value of the company currently is and if their investment is going towards equity or loans. Remember, if there is a consumer-based demographic or community that will benefit from this early stage startup, there’s a greater chance you will turn a profit on your investment. .

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

a “Bitcoin Fund”, a “Social Media Fund”, a “Nanotech Fund”), you’re going to raise capital from Limited Partners who are very focused on Theme X. The importance of reputation is why, for example, Andreessen Horowitz invested early and heavily in their own PR, adding PR guru Margit Wennmachers as a Partner. . – Network.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

a “Bitcoin Fund”, a “Social Media Fund”, a “Nanotech Fund”), you’re going to raise capital from Limited Partners who are very focused on Theme X. The importance of reputation is why, for example, Andreessen Horowitz invested early and heavily in their own PR, adding PR guru Margit Wennmachers as a Partner. . – Network.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

And that’s how I started my private equity business where I acquire both online and offline assets such as lead generation websites and physical real estate. In my entrepreneurship journey, I’ve made incredible retail partners from many countries, and eventually landed my own show on HSN for 19 years. Thanks to Victoria Wieck. #13-

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

These are all potential customers and strategic partners for startups. Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. More than 50 Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Texas and six of the Fortune 50.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I wondered what it would be like if the companies that purchased the coffee paid fair wages for the product and engaged in the developmental issues of importance in those communities. Three years after that, I was fortunate enough to find a firm, Land Carroll & Blair, with a same client-oriented mentality and partnered with them.

article thumbnail

19 Psychological Tactics for Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns

ConversionXL

But indirect reciprocity plays a powerful role in online communities, such as open-source development. Crowdfunding communities are no different. For example, potential donors in the Kickstarter community are more likely to fund your project if you’ve donated to other Kickstarter projects. Equity-based – Equity returns (e.g.,