Remove 2007 Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How and Why To Be an Angel Investor

David Teten

That’s a sizeable amount, especially in comparison to the US venture capital industry, which similarly invests over $20 billion annually. In 2013, 298,800 angels invested in 70,730 entrepreneurial ventures, according to the 2013 Angel Market Analysis by the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire.

article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: BlablaCar - Travel Revolution

Cracking the Code

Blablacar is one such example of innovation: with a fast growing community of 1.6m Zimride , Ridejoy ), they have not yet seen the explosive growth that the service has observed in Europe with more than 1 Billion miles shared by the community and more than 8m passengers transported ! Venture Capital. (3). ► 2007. (10).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Our guest this week on #TWiVC was Dana Settle , partner at Greycroft Partners , a venture capital firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. Founded in 2007. Current round: $11mm in Series B by Accel (lead), Khosla Ventures, Trilogy Partnership. Note that I’m not defining who numbers 1,2 are. Time will tell.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: In search of Europe's next tech stars.

Cracking the Code

Let me show other source that may be good for community. Venture Capital. (3). ► 2007. (10). Best Venture and Technology Podcasts for 2007. Feedburner Network. Explore Venture Capital. Paperblog network. Anonymous said. Hi I read this post 2 times. It is very useful.

article thumbnail

How to Avoid Being Disrupted as a VC

Both Sides of the Table

My partner Greg Bettinelli (worth following on Twitter) was recently named by The LA Business Journal as the “ Top deal maker in Los Angeles in Venture Capital.” And Greg has had the most influence on Upfront Ventures’ strategy since he joined. He’s pushed us to be out in the community more.

article thumbnail

Spotting, Nurturing and Mentoring Talent – The Power of Troy Carter

Both Sides of the Table

I recently sat down with Troy Carter to talk about what he does and why he believes it is applicable to venture capital. They were playing small clubs to the gay community (her early ardent fans or “first 50”) and they were getting a warm reception so they wanted to double down on this community.

article thumbnail

@altgate » Blog Archive » Outsourcing For Startups

Altgate

you should be able to find many options for an ad sales network. Go direct and network your way to the people you need to meet or find them directly in the local community. The reason is that putting a sales force in the field with limited inventory is very, very expensive. Depending upon your inventory (online, mobile, etc.)