Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Design Remove Government
article thumbnail

World with Bitcoin

The Startup Magazine

Bitcoin is also a favourite of political activists in nations with restrictive economies who want to circumvent government controls on their currency. The number of Bitcoins that can be created is regulated by Bitcoin mining which is designed to max out at 21 million Bitcoins. As of this week, Bitcoin is worth about $564 USD.

article thumbnail

3 Essential Ways To Build Online Customer Trust In 2018

YoungUpstarts

As the regulations that govern the internet evolve and threaten the safety of online users’ personal information, more and more individuals are engaging the digital world with increasing suspicion and hesitance. An SSL certificate – short for Secure Sockets Layer – designates a safe connection between a user’s server and your website.

Customer 200
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Strengthening Community Ties: How Nonprofit Leaders Can Better Approach Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

Board Effect

While they’re experts at running nonprofit organizations, nonprofit board members don’t always understand their communities or the social context of the issues that affect their constituencies. In more recent reports, we find the following: 2014- D5 conducted a study that indicated 92% of executive directors were white.

Equity 105
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Disruptors

Hearpreneur

It's difficult not to include Steve Jobs at the top of that list; he established a brand in Apple that altered global habits and elevated the importance of design in our daily lives. All of which are designed to extract more value out of recycling than what is currently being sorted. Photo Credit: Tiffany Payne. 22- Thomas Edison.

article thumbnail

I am a proud Mexican-American “Tejano” who grew up in South Texas.

Austin Startup

I started Good Dog Labs in early 2014 and a year later I officially became a co-founder with the on-boarding of my brother Dino in 2015. More importantly I want to share what I have learned, my expertise, and the opportunity I had back to the Austin tech and startup community.

Texas 48
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

Deputy Chief Technology Officers Cori Zarek and Ryan Panchadsaram to help all levels of government with COVID-19 response and delivery of services. Deputy Chief Technology Officer in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy from 2013–2014, where she founded the United States Digital Service. She served as the U.S.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2019

Steve Blank

Our keynote speaker was Palmer Luckey , founder of Oculus and the designer of the Oculus Rift. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. It was adopted by the National Institutes of Health as I-Corps at NIH in 2014 and at the National Security Agency in 2015.

Oakland 278