Remove America Remove Community Remove Programming Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

Supporting the Zane Access Inaugural Pre-Capital Program Cohort

Feld Thoughts

I’ve been involved in gender inequity issues since I joined the National Center for Women & Information Technology board in 2005 shortly after it was formed. I’ve been involved in gender inequity issues since I joined the National Center for Women & Information Technology board in 2005 shortly after it was formed.

article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

In addition, founders thinking about starting a company can be overwhelmed by choice, as there are so many problems to tackle with technology, but it could be comforting to know that investors are interested in those areas in the first place.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 5 Best States In America For New Business

YoungUpstarts

Additionally, the tech startup community has grown so quickly that Utah has a new nickname: The Silicon Slopes. For technologically inclined businesses, Texas has increased its STEM (Science, technology, engineering and mathematics) workforce by 34,000 since 2009. Austin in particular is a technological and cultural hub.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

Although the class was run completely online, and even though they were suffering from Zoom fatigue, the 10 teams of 42 students collectively interviewed 1,142 beneficiaries, stakeholders, requirements writers, program managers, industry partners, etc. – while simultaneously building a series of minimal viable products.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

The odds of a startup getting a loan from the largest banks in America aren’t favorable. The explanation for the discrepancy is simple: large banks are focused on sourcing and scaling loans over one million dollars, cross-selling products to their customers, and driving down costs through standardized operating procedures and technology.

Community 117
article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview: Jeannette Collazo and IT Project Management

The Startup Magazine

Jeannette has more than 25 years of experience successfully leading IT programs for Fortune 500 companies. She also speaks on motivational topics related to entrepreneurship, overcoming diversity, and advancing young women in the field of information technology. is a boutique information technology project management firm.

article thumbnail

Awesome Austin Tech Events, May 8–15

Austin Startup

The Forrest Four-Cast: May 7, 2017 The strength of the Central Texas technology / startup scene helps SXSW thrive as an epicenter of innovation. We also advocate the fundamental right to explore, tinker, create, and innovate along the frontier of emerging technologies. At Capital Factory at 7:00 pm. At Galvanize at 10:30 am. $79