Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How To Get a Job In Venture Capital

VC Adventure

The number of new venture firms raising their first fund has increased markedly – especially since 2011 (new funds are a good barometer of the growth of the industry, and a leading indicator of job growth in venture capital). Not getting a job in venture may be the best thing that happens to your career.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. A major angel group used Influitive , an advocate management tool, to track, activate and motivate their members. 2) Raise capital. But we’re doing it slowly.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I live in a small town surrounded by farms and I made my first angel investment at 29 because my dad said it was a good idea. It doesn’t have to be at a formal networking event.

article thumbnail

Looking for Funds in All the Right Places

Austin Startup

Austin-Based Venture Capital Firms There are a eleven venture capital firms based in Austin that are actively investing today, six of which are first funds. VC Firms Actively investing in Austin Companies Finally, there are a group of venture capital firms that are not based in Austin that are active investors here.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

He does this all round for the Capital Factory portfolio but this week he’ll be in high gear making hundreds of introductions and arranging hundreds of in-person meetings at Capital Factory. Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. You can see a much larger list at the end.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. But now, the defining movie of today’s twentysomethings is “The Social Network”. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.

article thumbnail

A Network Visualization Of Austin Startup Investments

Austin Startup

Continuing to help professionals navigate their community — and satisfying our own curiosity into these growing and emerging tech hubs — we mapped all Austin startup investments by VCs, angels, and incubators or accelerators, for your viewing pleasure. Sign up for VentureApp and start connecting with your community today.

Austin 48