Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. For example, I’m an investor via ff Venture Capital in: – Plated.com is a meal kit company, delivering you the recipe and fresh ingredients to make a gourmet meal in your own kitchen.

article thumbnail

7 Critical Resources For A Thriving Startup Community

Startup Professionals Musings

I saw these addressed well in a new book, “ The Startup Community Way ,” by Brad Feld and Ian Hathaway. These guys have been building startup communities like Techstars for over 30 years, so they know what works and what doesn’t. Network capital – relationships, connectedness. Cocktail party networking is not enough.

Community 329
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Investors Look Beyond Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Obviously, a key factor is always the state of the economy and the mood of the venture capital community. According to the Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist Confidence Index® for the First Quarter 2013, the Q1 increase marks three consecutive quarters of positive sentiment among Silicon Valley venture capitalists.

article thumbnail

Calling Financial Innovators

VC Adventure

Sweet Grace was born in 2008, as the Great Recession ripped through the United States, particularly affecting working-class communities like Lawrence, Massachusetts where Danaris lives. According to Kauffman Foundation research , beyond the 1% of startups receiving venture capital financing, only about 17% take any outside financing at all.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. Combined, these factors point to available money for business owners to invest in their ventures. Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S.

article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

When it comes to my job, after practicing venture capital for seven years under normal circumstances, it was instructive to get thrown into this new scenario, because I don’t think we’ll ever fully “return to normal.” There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together.

article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

Most investors rely on their network of colleagues and service providers to source investments. Prior to joining ff Venture Capital , I published the first-ever study of how private equity and venture capital funds originate new investments, with my coauthor Chris Farmer , CEO of SignalFire and an experienced VC.