Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. For example, I’m an investor via ff Venture Capital in: – Plated.com is a meal kit company, delivering you the recipe and fresh ingredients to make a gourmet meal in your own kitchen.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Recently I wrote a post arguing to make the definition of a Startup more inclusive than that to which Silicon Valley, fueled by Venture Capital return profiles, would sometimes like to attach to the word. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate.

Community 378
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. The Andreesen Horowitz blog is the work of the famous VC firm’s partners and covers all things software in Silicon Valley and beyond. Andrew Parker is a VC with Spark Capital in Boston.

article thumbnail

7 Critical Resources For A Thriving Startup Community

Startup Professionals Musings

I saw these addressed well in a new book, “ The Startup Community Way ,” by Brad Feld and Ian Hathaway. These guys have been building startup communities like Techstars for over 30 years, so they know what works and what doesn’t. Cultural capital – mindset, behaviors, history. Building a startup is not a solo operation.

Community 329
article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

I am super excited to announce that today is a day of lots of new things for my partners & me: A new fund, a new office and a new brand. But in Los Angeles, Santa Monica is akin to SoMa in San Francisco, Cambridge in the Boston area or Flatiron / Union Square in NYC. Our portfolio companies value us as sparring partners.

article thumbnail

“To build a community, you need to focus much more on the user than on the buyer” - Snyk’s Guy Podjarny

Cracking the Code

You need close partners in that journey and you get many sorts of partners - investors, employees etc. - When you started Snyk, did you think about the importance of building a community from the offset, and is that what drove your decisions in terms of building and architecting the product?

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. And especially if you are dealing with early stage firms where partners might have different areas of specialization but they might have a lot of connective tissue across things. was starting.