Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Technology Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. For example, I’m an investor via ff Venture Capital in: – Plated.com is a meal kit company, delivering you the recipe and fresh ingredients to make a gourmet meal in your own kitchen.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Recently I wrote a post arguing to make the definition of a Startup more inclusive than that to which Silicon Valley, fueled by Venture Capital return profiles, would sometimes like to attach to the word. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate.

Community 378
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

And, there’s a good reason why; it includes back-to-back essays on mobile, high-growth startups and technology. Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. Andrew Parker is a VC with Spark Capital in Boston. A Smart Bear.

article thumbnail

7 Critical Resources For A Thriving Startup Community

Startup Professionals Musings

I saw these addressed well in a new book, “ The Startup Community Way ,” by Brad Feld and Ian Hathaway. These guys have been building startup communities like Techstars for over 30 years, so they know what works and what doesn’t. Cultural capital – mindset, behaviors, history.

Community 329
article thumbnail

“To build a community, you need to focus much more on the user than on the buyer” - Snyk’s Guy Podjarny

Cracking the Code

Mike Weider, my co-founder at Blaze, was a much more experienced, technology-minded business person than me, and much better connected to the VC world. So, while he was CEO, leading the company and helping to fundraise, I focused on building the technology and product. A complementary relationship is important.

article thumbnail

The Silent Killer – The Company Your Community Never Created

Both Sides of the Table

Of course this can be done and of course I am a big proponent of the rise of startup centers across the country as the Internet has moved from the “infrastructure phase” to the “application phase” dominated by the three C’s: content, communications and commerce. Think about Facebook had it stayed in Boston.

Community 369
article thumbnail

Venture Capital Investors Look Beyond Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Obviously, a key factor is always the state of the economy and the mood of the venture capital community. According to the Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist Confidence Index® for the First Quarter 2013, the Q1 increase marks three consecutive quarters of positive sentiment among Silicon Valley venture capitalists.