Remove California Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Equity
article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt? From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. As a refresher, a convertible note is a loan that automatically converts into equity upon the closing of a Series A round of financing.

Equity 87
article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

And of course, effectively all venture capitalists are going to require some equity for their investment. Fortunately, there are a wide range of organizations that specifically want to support you, not just the VC community. I emphasize my focus here is organizations which are backing for-profit companies and do not take equity.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Divide Equity to Startup Founders, Advisors, and Employees

thinkspace.com

How to Divide Equity to Startup Founders, Advisors, and Employees. The part that I’d like to zero in on is when you’ve got a high growth company what are some of the best practices out there to distribute equity to the founders, advisors, and employees? Equity for Founders. Equity for Employees. Bookkeeper.

Equity 62
article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

As an entrepreneur, you simply use their investor search engine to find appropriate investors for your business according to location, industry interest, and other relevant criteria. This is another very popular website for raising equity or debt investments for startups. USA Angel Investment Network.

article thumbnail

The Perils of Founder Fighting

Both Sides of the Table

At a young age I watched her open a bakery, which in the early 80′s was ahead of its time in serving croissants, gourmet coffee and high-end, homemade cakes, cheesecakes and french pastries for our small town of Sacramento, California (Carmichael, if you know the area). Equity for the future? She started it with a partner, 50-50.

Founder 340
article thumbnail

Turning the Camera on Chris Dixon

Both Sides of the Table

He explained how users at the time were encountering “social engineering threats” rather than “technical threats” and that his company took an “East Coast” approach to the problem as they built an automated system that rated websites. The firm focuses on early stage companies in the Northeast but occasionally invests in California startups.

article thumbnail

How Venture Capitalists and Government Can Promote Entrepreneurship

David Teten

By contrast, as a venture capitalist, I can report that almost all of our portfolio companies are desperate to hire talented software engineers, and eager to hire in a range of other roles. A team in California is already creating a offshore seastead for non-US citizens who want to build companies in the US.