Remove California Remove Community Remove Sales Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Just a quick note that I'll be moderating a Technology Council Event : Social Networking as a Business Strategy May 19, 2009 - Culver City Social networking media are used on a daily basis to grow businesses and expand career opportunities. Can social networking be a money-maker for companies?

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

The sales helped them raise $30K and the attention of a startup incubator, which offered them training and another $20K in funding. Before Jobs returned to the business in 1997, its sales, and popularity all steadily declined for 12 years, nearly driving it into bankruptcy. Thanks to notably Erin LaCkore, LaCkore Couture ! #8-

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Six Nudges: Creating A Sense Of Urgency For Higher Conversion Rates!

Occam's Razor

Our average delivery times to California are 50% faster than Amazon. Social cues to the rescue. The last couple of months have not been great for social networks. A minority might believe that the whole social media thing is going to die. Community and sharing are core to who we are as humans. Add to Basket!

article thumbnail

HOW TO: Connect with Other Entrepreneurs Online

mashable.com

Anyone in the community can edit posts and frequent users are allowed to vote irrelevant questions off the site. Topics are divided into IT, marketing, sales, finance, customer service, operations and human resources sections, which makes it easy to search for the latest discussions on your interest area. STOKED!!!!

article thumbnail

From Airbnb to TaskRabbit to Zimride, sharing is becoming big business

www.usatoday.com

Dubbed "collaborative consumption" — or "the sharing economy" — this movement represents the newly cemented intersection of online social networking, mobile technology, the minimalist movement and heightened penny-pinching brought on by lingering economic uncertainties. Only 3% were online when I started AOL. E-Newsletters.

article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Paris

ReadWriteStart

Pamela Poole is a blogger, translator and tech writer, and founder of Francophilia.com , a social startup for Francophiles. Originally from California, she now lives in Paris, where her involvement in the vibrant startup scene keeps her from spending too much time in the bakeries. GameCreds : Impressive social universe for gamers. (E).

France 163
article thumbnail

Want to Start a Technology Company in LA?

Both Sides of the Table

so I feel I have an unbiased appreciation for BOTH Californias. LA was a leader in lead generation (LowerMyBills), comparison shopping (PriceGrabber, Shopzilla), social networking (MySpace … I know, I know – Facebook won – but it was still a big business). Go on, have a bit of fun down memory lane!).