Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Incubator
article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

Now the bad news: some venture capitallists have a bias against startups with an explicit positive social impact, on the grounds that they have a smaller addressable market, and that the founders are not sufficiently focused on creating shareholder wealth. If you think I’ve missed any, please contact me. J.M.Kaplan Innovation Prize. “The

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. Among the sites we have found most helpful with practical guides for founders: Biztree , First Search , Foundersuite , Goodwin Founders Workbench , Guides.co , Inc.com , and StartupRocket. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

Although we were studying finance, we were always more interested in tech. Before graduating, I decided to forgo the finance path and instead dove into engineering and later sales and product management roles at VersaSuite (health IT) in Austin. But we never lost the finance bug. We were infatuated with tech. Factom, Inc.

article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

In that capacity, I co-founded the Harvard Business School Alumni Angels Venture Capital Access Program, a joint venture with the National Association of Investment Companies (“NAIC”), which helps women and diverse entrepreneurs raise capital. Starship was launched by the co-founders of Skype. Are you politically active?

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Jake Soberal and Irma Olguin are the founders of a company called Bitwise. Here's my conversation with the founders of Bitwise.

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

With mobile development agencies and product incubators on the rise and more corporate “labs” spinning out each day, there’s no shortage of talent to help you build the next great Web or mobile app. And that involves processes, structures, feedback loops, analytics and a community.”. Still, a product is nothing without scalability.

Cost 168
article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

Voyager’s cognitive-computing, deep-insights platform assesses billions of publicly available, unstructured data points to provide insights for its clients in finance, retail and consulting. Orcam was created by the founders of Mobileye (NYSE: MBLY and one of Israel’s largest IPOs ), Prof.