Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Government Remove Matching
article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

We’re hopeful that by sharing our story, others in the tech and philanthropic world can get some ideas for ways they can use lean principles to help their communities through this trying time. How HelpKitchen began The idea for HelpKitchen began with a conversation between Eric Ries and Jeff (founder and CEO of Twilio) and Erica Lawson.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

Q&A with Business Incubator Co-founder Joe Maruschak

Up and Running

However, a lack of knowledge or connections does not necessarily mean a business will not be successful; it means that the business needs to join a community where their questions can be answered and where they can meet the right people. Incubators provide that very important sense of community. You’re going into a small community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

100 Startups Join Forces with Air Force Stakeholders at Inaugural Spark Collider Event

Austin Startup

The intent of Spark Collider is to help companies match their solutions with Air Force customers who can use them, and in that regard it was a tremendous success. We can and will make it better by working more deliberately to match problems and solutions, as well as bringing in commercial customers and investors.

SBIR 48
article thumbnail

Instead of sticking a fork in the venture market, realize. there is no fork

This is going to be BIG.

How else can you explain this headline matching a story about a professional social network still trying to explore revenues raising $17mm on an $80mm valuation? Did I mention it only took the founder a month? International and non-Valley startup communities are developing at a rapid pace. Perhaps I need to rethink that.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

They co-founded it with former U.S. Deputy Chief Technology Officers Cori Zarek and Ryan Panchadsaram to help all levels of government with COVID-19 response and delivery of services. Jen is the founder and former executive director of Code for America. 12:44) A look at the three waves of requests coming from government. (14:06)

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials: Introduction

Austin Startup

Brant Barton, my co-founder, and I had left Coremetrics to start it together. Brant, as my skeptical co-founder (a trait that I really valued as his business partner), asked, “But what if this is a biased population?” We became the world’s largest collaborative data community. Governments began to sign up.