Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Matching Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Top 15 ESG Startups to Watch in 2024

The Startup Magazine

Meet our list of the 15 hottest ESG entrepreneurs, the innovators who are safeguarding our planet and communities — from the fields our clothes come from, all the way to the screens we use to shop for them. Founders Alex Sandoval and Nicolas DeGiorgis recognized that downtime in the manufacturing industry is a $1.5

article thumbnail

Finding Your Co-Founders

techcrunch.com

The number one question you all asked after reading my last blog post about starting a business from scratch was “how do I find my co-founders?&# And therein lies the problem in finding co-founders for that startup you’re dying to launch. Having trouble meeting folks you think would be good co-founders?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Founders Interview: Atlas Group London – ConstructionTech Transforming Healthcare

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Founder Interview Series , we interviewed Maha and David Harper, wife and husband co-founders of Atlas Group London, a construction-tech startup that has digitized the building of healthcare facilities. We are solving that problem for healthcare construction.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Jake Soberal and Irma Olguin started Bitwise in 2013 with the idea that the technology industry could be used to fix a city--in their case, Fresno, CA. Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

We’re hopeful that by sharing our story, others in the tech and philanthropic world can get some ideas for ways they can use lean principles to help their communities through this trying time. How HelpKitchen began The idea for HelpKitchen began with a conversation between Eric Ries and Jeff (founder and CEO of Twilio) and Erica Lawson.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

Q&A with Business Incubator Co-founder Joe Maruschak

Up and Running

However, a lack of knowledge or connections does not necessarily mean a business will not be successful; it means that the business needs to join a community where their questions can be answered and where they can meet the right people. Incubators provide that very important sense of community. It’s a safe place to get started.

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

female founders. founder friday. Lessons learned from female founders and women entrepreneurs. Startup Quote: Wendy Tan White on Building a Successful Startup » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder. Tweet By Elizabeth Knopf (Co-Founder & CEO, Sorced). Conference 2012.