Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Programming Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. He’s considering making me the permanent co-host so if you enjoy any of this episode or want to see me on the show on a more regular basis please Tweet @jason and let him know (he asked for direct feedback). So far it seems the former.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

William Hurley, the co-founder of Honest Dollar, an Austin-based provider of retirement plans to small businesses, says creative talent is abundant : It’s got the music, the university scene, the hippies and the rule-breakers… It’s very easy to hire people who want to push the limits. Boulder, CO.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Jason Returns to the 313 for Startup Grind Detroit on April 5th

Feld Thoughts

In case you don’t know about Jason, prior to co-founding Foundry Group, Jason was a co-founder of SRS Acquiom and a Managing Director and General Counsel for Mobius Venture Capital. Most importantly, he is my co-author on our book Venture Deals and he puts up with me on a daily basis.

Detroit 74
article thumbnail

An Austin Primer for Female Entrepreneurs— Follow These Leaders & Join These Groups

Austin Startup

It’s been 6 month since my co-founder and I started Reset ?—?a In that time, I’ve been consistently delighted by the support and enthusiasm of the Austin startup community. In July I spoke on a panel at 3 Day Startup Global Roundup, an opportunity that sprung out of a connection in a Female Founders Facebook Group.

Austin 57
article thumbnail

Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S

www.geekwire.com

VENTURE CAPITAL. You are here: Home / Startups / Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S. Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S. Filed Under: Startups , Tech Tagged With: Madrona , Startups , Tech , Venture capital.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

I bought a book and I learned how to program macros and build spreadsheets. We had a finance group for all of the bank branches based in San Diego, and I wrote programs to download stuff from the mainframe so we could do analysis three days faster than they could send us the data. So I did that kind of stuff. It was all technical.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

My Advice To Entrepreneurs: Consider Canada For Your Startup

YoungUpstarts

By Raj Narayanaswamy, cofounder and Co-CEO, Replicon. The access to some of the world’s brightest minds in technology, the proximity to some of the industry’s most influential brands, and the vast networking opportunities in both start-up and investor communities is hard to ignore.

Canada 100