Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Technology Remove Vertical
article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. This typically includes: Relationships with relevant service providers in your vertical, often with pre-negotiated discounts: coaches, lawyers, accountants, common software vendors, consultants. I have developed a founder curriculum on my blog. AskAnything.VC

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. I’d argue that the same type of technologies that have revolutionized dating can revolutionize our industry. . I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Investing in the pillars of the Metaverse

VC Cafe

I covered various definitions previously on VC Cafe in “ A very short peek into the Metaverse “ The term metaverse doesn’t describe one specific technology, but rather the way we interact with technology. I love landscapes as they help organise the categories needed to define the vertical.

Cloud 200
article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

2023 Predictions

Eric Friedman

The underlying technology is here and in game progress should be transferrable. This makes for “taking” a game community easier, and introduces new complexity for big game studios I talked about this a bit on the Deep End from On Deck. -1: If communities are a moat, now they are even more important to protect.

article thumbnail

2023 Predictions

Eric Friedman

The underlying technology is here and in game progress should be transferrable. This makes for “taking” a game community easier, and introduces new complexity for big game studios I talked about this a bit on the Deep End from On Deck. -1: If communities are a moat, now they are even more important to protect.

article thumbnail

Common B2B Challenges and How To Solve Them

ConversionXL

Last September (2020), six months after the 1st lockdown, my co-founder Vladimir Blagojevic and I decided to run market research to figure out what challenges B2B companies face and how they solve them. To do this we partnered with the RevGenius community to get a better understanding the challenges mature companies faced.

B2B 150