article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Olga Camargo Leads Latinas Fintech Advisory

The Startup Magazine

She launched her financial practice, FARO Associates LLC (Latina/woman-owned/Minority Business Enterprise), and new fintech project, SHENIX, on her culturally-relevant financial services research and community needs. I knew this was not unique to me and was happening to other Latinas per conversations. My own experience.

Founder 158
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Will Bachman.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

We want to leave an impact on the communities we operate in and the employees on our team, so we even offer them networking and internship opportunities. Thanks to Tom Mumford, Undergrads LLC ! #5- 6- To give back to the community. Thanks to Jacob Dayan, Community Tax ! #7- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

WNY Holdings’ Marketing Manager Christopher Lee Explains 7 Ways a Small Businesses Can Develop a Brand

The Startup Magazine

Engaging in conversation with potential or current clients over platforms like social media is a great place to start. Christopher Lee is the Marketing Manager at WNY Holdings LLC , a customer-focused digital marketing company that was started in 2018 to provide tailored marketing strategies for small businesses. Think Out of the Box.

article thumbnail

What does it mean to be Latinx in Tech Today?

Austin Startup

Latinx leaders delved into discussions on representation and how to navigate the tech ecosystem, as well as exploring cultural values, perceptions, and resiliency in the Latinx tech community. In order to get your demographics to understand your idea or product, you have to both relate and localize it in the community.

article thumbnail

7 Citizen Engagement Tips to Help Build Sustainable and Inclusive Smart Cities

Austin Startup

Instead, cities must support and engage the broader community, prioritize and practice human-centered urban design, and provide diverse, accessible, and inclusive pathways for robust citizen co-creation. “As Founder and President of Darren Bates LLC and the Founder and Chief Innovation Officer for the Smart Cities Library.™

LLC 48
article thumbnail

The 22 Unexpected Places Where You Can Find Great Employees

Mike Michalowicz

As you volunteer your time whether painting fences for a community park or serving pizza to school kids, look around at the other generous givers. is within volunteer communities. Thanks to Kenny Jahng of Big Click Syndicate LLC. Thanks to David Zahn of ZAHN Consulting, LLC. Thanks to Lyn P of Pendco Enterprises, LLC.

Employee 144