article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event. Topics of conversation included how to identify fundable companies, trends in funding, business plans, and pitching to investors. A two hour ferry ride across the Bay of Finland carried us from Tallinn to Helsinki.

Community 121
article thumbnail

How Podcasting Can Transform Your Business: Lessons in Networking and Lead Generation

Duct Tape Marketing

Josh Elledge is a keynote speaker, writes a syndicated newspaper column to 1.1 During our, dare I say Meta conversation, we uncovered the transformative power of podcasting for businesses, focusing on how it can be a game-changer for networking and lead generation. And so thank you for fostering this conversation here.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

Although EquityZen is primarily an online marketplace for secondary shares in private companies, they also offer syndicated primary investments. This is primarily an advantage for the underlying investor in the company, not the VC leading the syndicate. . Market Insight. Alpha pursues a similar model. Cross-posted on PEHub.

article thumbnail

How marketers can build thought leadership

The Next Web

It’s critical that you continually move past your job description and contribute to the industry conversation on a larger scale. A marketer should attempt a combination of writing on a personal blog, writing for an employer’s blog and for third-party publications through guest blogging and syndication to get the most reach.

article thumbnail

The Power of Quora & Why Benchmark was Right to Pay Up

Both Sides of the Table

If you find the right community it’s a great way to learn, contribute and get to know other people with similar interest. What I notice is that people further the conversation, talk with each other, network, try to get noticed (linking to their websites, etc.). AVC: I’ve always loved Q&A websites and discussion boards.

article thumbnail

How early should you connect to a VC? Here's some data.

This is going to be BIG.

It''s also not the best way to create a helpful syndicate of investors that share the founder''s vision for the company. The tricky question is whether these early conversations should count as fundraising. It also seems to reinforce a lot of the activities in the community that connect me to interesting non-founders.

article thumbnail

Understanding Different Types of Angel Investors

View from Seed

Pros: Industry-insider who serves as a validator for the rest of the investment syndicate, extremely helpful advice and network connections. Having someone who the founder or founding team has worked with before can be a good validator to other syndicate investors and future investors that they all work well together.