article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. After all, people rarely say they are mad because they are not being heard.

Community 158
article thumbnail

Retail Reimagined: 9 Trends for the Future of Physical Retail

ConversionXL

Small retailers are the bedrock of our communities, and consumers will still choose to shop retail when the experience is worth it. Local delivery has also been a saving grace for a lot of retailers with close ties to their community. A community connection, and as Troy Burch puts it, a much needed reminder of their WHY.

eCommerce 155
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Visit to Case Foundation and Startup America

David Teten

On February 16, I visited Washington, DC, where I attended an HBS Club of DC lunch on the Case Foundation and Startup America. However, as we got involved in issues like clean drinking water, we realized we’re missing a big opportunity to rally communities around us. Connect with our partners, e.g., Derek Holt.

America 144
article thumbnail

Upfront Ventures Adds Hamet Watt as New Investment Partner

Both Sides of the Table

I am thrilled to announce that we have added Hamet Watt as a Partner at Upfront Ventures. But as sweet as that success has been (we invested pre-revenue in a small team) today my even more important news was the further expansion of our partner ranks. We have been on a drive to add more operational partners. What does that mean?

Partner 340
article thumbnail

[Interview] Imaginary Friends Studios (Is More Real Than You Think)

YoungUpstarts

They’ve done work for games developer Square Enix , Sony Online Entertainment , DC Comics , and publisher Random House amongst many others, and this year they celebrate their eighth year in the industry. Kai Lim: I am also known by my handle UkiTakuMuki within the online art community.

Singapore 228
article thumbnail

Introduction to the New York Fintech Community

David Teten

Aquiline Capital Partners. Motive Partners. NYCA Partners. Pivot Investment Partners. SenaHill Partners. Other East Coast VCs: Fenway Summer Ventures (DC). Route Sixty-Six Ventures (DC). Route Sixty-Six Ventures (DC). FT Partners Fintech Research. Anthemis Group. Broadhaven. FTV Capital.

article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

Henrik Werdelin , the Managing Partner of Prehype , a venture development firm based in New York City that has helped build companies like Tradable , Barkbox , FancyHands , Basno and Path , says recreating Twitter isn’t necessarily difficult, but the layered features will take time to get right. 1) Twitter. 8) Angry Birds.

Cost 168