article thumbnail

The One Video Every Silicon Valley Investor Should Watch

Both Sides of the Table

From left to right above is Tristan Walker (founder of Walker & Co), Magic Johnson (successful NBA basketball player and successful business man – his two life goals), Beatriz Acevedo (founder of Mitu, the largest Latino digital media company) and Troy Carter (founder of Atom Factory and Cross Culture Ventures).

article thumbnail

Announcing our summer intern class

David Teten

Since then, he has co-written several business plans with fellow classmates and recently served as team leader on a Wharton Field Challenge consulting project for PhillyCarShare, a Philadelphia-based car-sharing startup. He was an early employee of a software start-up born out of the MIT Media Lab, Frictionless Commerce (acquired by SAP).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Open a Successful Hair Salon

Up and Running

Dallas Alleman, the owner of Salon Du Beau Monde in New Orleans, and Avi Shenkar, the owner of Philadelphia-based BLO/OUT , have different backgrounds and different business models, but share similar strategies for success. However, he has opened two BLO/OUT locations in Philadelphia and is working on three other locations.

article thumbnail

How do I find a developer to help me with my idea?

www.scottporad.com

Mike, a entrepreneur from Philadelphia, wrote to me with a brief summary of a new business idea he’s working on, and then posed three questions to me about finding a programmer to help him develop the idea. If I were in Mike’s shoes, I would start by talking to people in the Philadelphia Startup community.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Sharon Sanders, Philadelphia Weekly ! #6- We basically use our blog as a tool to broaden our customer reach as we recognize that many people are always using their social media accounts. Hence, we use our blog to post inspiring stories to make sure that whatever our readers are undergoing, they are encouraged to face it.

article thumbnail

Top 3 Reasons To Use Event Marketing To Drive Growth

YoungUpstarts

Event marketing creates communities. You can use video recordings of event speakers or educational sessions to post online or link for social media outreach. Event marketing fuels social media activity. Tim Raybould is the CEO at Ticketleap , based in Philadelphia, PA.

Marketing 100
article thumbnail

What is Sweat Equity Worth?

www.entrepreneur.com

Marketing Sales & Marketing Home Marketing Basics Sales Online Marketing Finding Customers Social Media Branding Social Media Does Your Companys Social Personality Need a Makeover? Coming soon to Dallas, Boston and Philadelphia. Financing Some Jobs Act Proposals Make Headway. Branding From Entrepreneur to Icon in Five Steps.