article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. In addition to compelling founders, we were drawn to the company by their vision for a professional community for mechanical engineers and designers. You’ve seen this with companies like StackOverflow and Github in software engineering or Behance in visual design.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Labor Day! Let’s Celebrate the Workers

crowdSPRING Blog

Parades are held, speeches are given, and workers across the country take an extra day’s rest from their labors to picnic, play with their kids, and (often) shop the sales that businesses love to offer on the last official day of summer. John (Shuo) Yang is our Senior Software engineer and one of the smartest people I have ever met.

Bosnia 67
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Google Engineer: How We Interview, How I’d Beat Us for Talent, & How Non-Technical Founders Should Approach Devs

View from Seed

Saurya Velagapudi is a senior software engineer at Google, based in their Cambridge, Mass., That makes developers feel like equals — a developer is there to support the rest of the company by developing the product, and their teammates are there to support that developer by doing great design, marketing, and sales.

article thumbnail

7 Steps to Optimize Your Blog Posts Like a Pro

Duct Tape Marketing

I’m not a web design guru; I’m no software engineer or web developer. Pick a few that correlate and make sense and then delegate the rest into groups of similar terms as well (those can be for your next post, and then the one after that.). Kala Linck is the Community and Content Manager at Duct Tape Marketing.

SEO 28
article thumbnail

Choosing Technologies for Your Web Startup (Part 2)

crowdSPRING Blog

In my article, “ Making the Case for REST ,” I define it as “the ability of your project to grow in complexity without degradation in your ability to manage it.” For example, in my article I argue that the main advantage of REST technology is exactly in how well it adapts to project growth by letting you use preexisting infrastructure.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #13: Alpha Lee on remembering the 2003 SARS epidemic and his opensource COVID-19 Moonshot

Startup Lessons Learned

Unfortunately, the rest of the world soon forgot about it. Unfortunately, like many episodes in history, once the SARS emergency was resolved, this sacrifice and experience was largely ignored, at least by the rest of us. As a child, Alpha Lee lived through the SARS epidemic in Hong Kong. Eric Ries : First ever?

article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

If you need help, you can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 67,000 designers and writers for your custom web design. Don’t ignore headlines – they can be very powerful and can mean the difference between a visitor reading the rest of the content and leaving your site. Keep the content fresh and current.