| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE
SEPTEMBER 18, 2014 [IP, Warrant] Bad Notes on Venture Capital
If you want to give them a 50% discount offer them $1 of common-stock warrants (no liquidation preference) for every $1 of stock they buy. If you want to give them a 33% discount you offer them half of a $1 common-stock warrant for every $1 share they purchase. This week. On the phone … Me: So, you raised venture capital? Me: Ok.
| || |
| | GUST
SEPTEMBER 17, 2014 [IP, Warrant] Bad Notes on VC
If you want to give them a 50% discount offer them $1 of common-stock warrants (no liquidation preference) for every $1 of stock they buy. If you want to give them a 33% discount you offer them half of a $1 common-stock warrant for every $1 share they purchase. This week. On the phone …. Me: So, you raised venture capital? Him: Yeah.
| | BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE
SEPTEMBER 28, 2014 [IP, Warrant] What is the Right Burn Rate at a Startup Company?
So money spent should add equity value or create IP that eventually will. If you were able to raise at a $50 million post-money valuation and have $2 million in the bank and the markets turn you better be sure that your valuation warrants raising at at least $50 million even in a tough market or I’d be more cautious about a higher burn.
| || | GUST
DECEMBER 8, 2011 [IP, Warrant] Do It Right The First Time, Part II: Visit the Doctor or House Call?
From choosing a legal entity or jurisdiction to properly documenting IP assignments and stock issuances to complying with securities laws and avoiding potentially enormous tax penalties in the future, there is plenty here to warrant consulting a professional. Pick a name for the new legal entity (e.g., The risk is simply too great.
TAFFY WILLIAMS [IP, Warrant] Startup Blog: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ? Second Guessing
| SUNDAY, MAY 8, 2011
Determine what you believe makes the situation warrant
a new direction. 4. Think Ahead When You are Negotiating IP
Rights A Few Great Links to Startup Articles ► April (11) Beyond Rumsfeld by (Stephen A. Startup Blog Steps to consider to start and grow a company. Basics are provided to help entrepreneurs. Who’s the Boss? MORE >>
FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG [IP, Warrant] New Anti-Piracy Bill Still Threatens Start-ups
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2011
If the ITC decides that action is warranted
, it can prohibit the importation of the infringing goods. full vote on IP
legislation could happen in early 2012 Call your representatives now: The latest proposal to crack down on Internet piracy still offers Big Business an easy way to clamp down on start-ups. You know, like Dajaz1.com. MORE >>
- [IP, Warrant] Royalty Based Financing As A New Tool for Start-Up Financing?
And, if like many of these royalty-based financing investors, the investor takes a warrant
for a small equity position, the investor could see some additional reward from a future sale or IPO of the company without taking any additional risk. IP
litigation , and?tax. By Beth J. three times the original loan amount). Beth J. Full Bio. MORE >>
PASSIONATE INTENSITY [IP, Warrant] Getting Funded: Step 4, Due Diligence
| THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2011
Often, funds list “under management” as the sum of all the assets they have ever managed. So, if they are on fund SIX, it means that they have been successful enough in funds 1-5 to warrant
a six but, also, that the money for your company is coming from fund six which can be a much lower figure than the total. YOU should…. MORE >>
- [IP, Warrant] This Man Fought an Online Stalker Off His Company
Troutwine did some investigating and found that many of the reviews originated from the same IP
address, which he traced to MLIC. If the attacks truly warranted
a response, they could have created a site with a name like truth.veritasprep.com. Here's what happened next. Chad Troutwine stared at his computer screen, aghast. MORE >>
- [IP, Warrant] Different “flavors” of startup pitches ANDREW PAYNE | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2008
- [IP, Warrant] The Importance of Due Diligence in M&A Transactions SCOTT EDWARD WALKER | MONDAY, MARCH 21, 2016
- [IP, Warrant] What Makes an Entrepreneur? Cojones (7/11) BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2010
- [IP, Warrant] Revisiting Paul Graham’s “High Resolution” Financing BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2010
- [IP, Warrant] Leader driven Harmony #4: How to make your writing Crisp, Flavorful and Satisfying (Part II) ACTIVE GARAGE | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2010
- [IP, Warrant] What you should know about Angel Investors and Convertible Notes DON DODGE ON THE NEXT BIG THING | FRIDAY, MARCH 19, 2010
- [IP, Warrant] CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers BLOG.EXPENSIFY.COM | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- [IP, Warrant] The cardinal sin of community management STARTUP LESSONS LEARNED | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- [IP, Warrant] "When in doubt, look different". Geoffrey Moore at Business of Software. Video & transcript. BUSINESS OF SOFTWARE BLOG | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2011
- [IP, Warrant] Getting Funded: Step 4, Due Diligence PASSIONATE INTENSITY | THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2011
- [IP, Warrant] Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | MONDAY, JULY 28, 2008
- [IP, Warrant] Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 14, 2008
- [IP, Warrant] Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 2008
- [IP, Warrant] Ask the Angels ASK THE ANGELS | TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 2008