Remove 2002 Remove Community Remove Global Remove Media
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

The first panel will focus on public markets and will discuss the use and effectiveness of social media tools and data mining technologies in harnessing the wisdom of crowds to generate investment ideas. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity.

article thumbnail

Starting up down under: The guide to Australia’s growing startup scene

The Next Web

He is co-founder of international start-up community event organisation 3beards and founder and director of Albion Drive , a fully integrated communicaitons agency for entrepreneurs and challenger brands. In fact, Australia’s biggest startup successes have all been in multi-sided marketplaces – CarSales.com.au , Seek.com.au

Australia 146
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Industries That Are Ripe For Disruption

Hearpreneur

6- The global automotive. The global automotive industry is going through an enormous disruption these days. The global automakers and suppliers will be adapting their business models accordingly, forming new partnerships and investing in new technologies. Thanks to Parker Lawrence, AlltimePower ! #6- Photo Credit: Michael Lowe.

article thumbnail

IBM: Where Corporate Responsibility is Not a Trend, but a Lifestyle

Austin Startup

If you looked at just the business pages in American newspapers, you’d think corporations working with nonprofits and delivering global responsibility was a new trend. However, global companies like IBM have been modeling social impact for decades now and Latinitas can attest to their commitment.

El Paso 59
article thumbnail

The Magic of the Irish – Dublin’s Resurgence on the Global Tech Scene

Both Sides of the Table

Between 1995-2002 I visited often – especially since I founded my first company there. If you attract names like these you’re bound to attract some media attention and then Chad Hurley dropped the bomb that he was leaving YouTube while he was at the f.ounders event. Scenes from my counter-top on my last night in Dublin.

Ireland 392
article thumbnail

11 Entrepreneurs Discuss The Technologies That Will Have the Biggest Impact On Entrepreneurship

Hearpreneur

This concept was explored in cinematic form in the film ‘Minority Report’ (2002) in which people are served advertisements in public places based on their personal profiles on an individual basis. 6- Social media. Your social media presence is essentially your “modern day business card”. Photo Credit: Rio Rocket.

article thumbnail

19 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

MissHeard Media is a media and live event company that empowers and inspires tween and teen girls. The name MissHeard Media came as a group effort. Thanks to Lindsey Turnbull, MissHeard Media ! #2- Having a brand behind a strong title can make all the difference in the world. #1- 1- Group effort. 19- Out of a joke.

Naming 72