Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Presentation Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

The End Of Marketing As We Know It

YoungUpstarts

Instead, buyers are checking out product and service information in their own way, often through the Internet, their social network, or just plain word-of-mouth or customer reviews. At their most effective, they’re doing the opposite: They’re allowing customers to re-create the experience of shopping and buying in their local communities.

Marketing 234
article thumbnail

3 Major Product Fails, And How To Avoid Their Mistakes

YoungUpstarts

The startup community prides itself on supporting risk-taking and embracing failure. Google released Chromebook in October 2011, offering a faster and easier way to access the Internet. Turns out people want their laptops to do basic things like run games, Photoshop, or work software. Innovation involves risk. Google Chromebook.

Product 222
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Build it and they won’t come: How and why growth hacking came to be

The Next Web

Why has growth hacking so strongly resonated with the startup community? Growth hacking has resonated in the startup community due to today’s growth challenges: new channel creation, channel saturation, the “best product” fallacy and “product-growth” fit. A new channel presents both opportunities and dangers to market leaders.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #68 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

The 2011 Trends Driving Rural Small Business, my annual look ahead: [link]. Three economic trends for 2011 (fueled by startup goodness) – [link]. An open letter to the Chicago entrepreneurial community – [link]. 6 must read social business prediction presentations – [link]. Need a Logo?

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

In 2011, I began learning about hair restoration and started North Atlanta Hair Restoration in 2012. I realized that working from home would provide the flexibility that I needed to be present for my family. I started Rising Star Reviews because I’ve always had a passion for helping small businesses.

article thumbnail

How to get creative with your domain name registration

The Next Web

io” websites, which have wildly grown in popularity over the last year, use the ccTLD (country code top-level domain) for the Indian Ocean Territory. When launching Listly in 2011, co-founder Shyam Subramanyan says that “listly.com” wasn’t available, but they were okay with choosing an alternative. Opting for the often used “.ly”

Naming 166
article thumbnail

Seven Things Your Customers Can Do Better Than You

YoungUpstarts

SAS software was doing an excellent job of keeping up with customer needs. With support from Thiessen and his team, SAS customer champions established regular events in more than 20 major cities, set the agendas, selected speakers (and made presentations themselves), and stayed in touch afterwards via online forums and e-newsletters.

Customer 168