Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove Naming Remove Startup
article thumbnail

5 Outrageously Innovative Israeli Startups to Watch in 2020

ReadWriteStart

Silicon Valley gets significant attention for its role in producing tech startups that often go on to see massive, international success. However, it’s far from the only startup hub in the world, and it’s not even the only startup hub in the United States. Israeli Startups to Watch in 2020.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. My company name is 3 Leaf Tea. The name is from when tea leaves get picked there’s often one two or three leaves and a bud. #2-

Naming 99
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

Since AI and ML startups cut across verticals (analytics, fintech, health, adtech, security, etc), it’s easier to group them under the “machine intelligence” umbrella, coined by Shivon Zillis , a partner at Bloomberg Beta. In 2016 alone, 300+ “machine intelligence” (AI + ML) startups in Europe raised over €1.4

article thumbnail

“To build a community, you need to focus much more on the user than on the buyer” - Snyk’s Guy Podjarny

Cracking the Code

Cybersecurity unicorn Snyk was founded in 2015 with the mission to help developers make their code secure. They were both about to found a different startup, so I didn’t need to convince them to found a company – I just needed to convince them to join mine! The community approach is instrumental to the developer tooling landscape.

article thumbnail

Your 2015 guide to summer reading for startups

The Next Web

We have books specifically for people at startups, a few specific to certain job functions, and a bunch that anyone working in the professional world can learn from. But Product Hunt is becoming an integral part of more and more startups’ launch strategies, so it’s obviously time I get familiar with how the site can be used.

PR 60
article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview: Latina Leader Elizabeth Colón

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Female Founder series , we sat down with award-winning entrepreneur Elizabeth Colón. Growing up in a home with two deaf sisters and parents who spoke very little English, Elizabeth saw the many ways that language can be a barrier for individuals who do not have the means to communicate on their own.

Founder 158
article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

startup ecosystem for many decades. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. Best startup city rankings have reflected this truth for a long time. Austin, TX. Boulder, CO.