Remove America Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Government
article thumbnail

How Non-Partisan Business Leaders Can Help Fix America

David Teten

I’ve broken them into three buckets: A) Voting and census; B) Push media companies to inform Americans accurately; and C) Outreach to your employees and community. The most impactful step you can take to help America more accurately reflect our citizens’ (and your company’s) political goals is to increase voting rates.

America 60
article thumbnail

How Federal Government Can Help Entrepreneurship

Feld Thoughts

This afternoon in Boulder I’ll be on a panel as part of the White House Startup America Roundtable. Over the past few years, I’ve spent some time thinking about how the government can help entrepreneurship. More recently, I’ve focused my energy on the Startup Visa movement and the Startup America Partnership.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Tech Industry Hiring In Canada Continues To Grow

YoungUpstarts

Information and communications technology include 4,600 companies and 45,000 employees. tests new technology on a province-wide scale for industry and government. Tech sector employees earned on average approximately $67,000 per the Brookfield Institute report. It is a central point between Europe and the Americas.

Canada 167
article thumbnail

2022 Predictions

Eric Friedman

4/ Streaming equity – venture funds + employee stock becomes more liquid. America and the world got into high gear and I got vaccinated in April 2021 and even boosted. This makes for “taking” a game community easier, and introduces new complexity for big game studios. I was totally wrong here. cash + stock vs. FTEs.

article thumbnail

Understanding 501(c)(4) Social Welfare Organizations

Board Effect

While all 501(c) organizations are tax-exempt, the federal government established various IRS subcodes to designate the specific type of work a nonprofit does. Social welfare organizations are classified as 501(c)(4) organizations because their primary purpose is to provide social benefits to communities rather than charity.

article thumbnail

Boulder Startup Community Members: Help Fund the Code for America Fellowship

Feld Thoughts

If you are a founder or employee of a startup in Boulder and want to increase the overall effectiveness of our local Boulder government, please help us fund the Code for America Fellowship in Boulder. If you’d like to contribute, either email me or donate online at the Code for America site.

America 70
article thumbnail

The Latest Questions Small Businesses Are Asking

Up and Running

Company culture is defined as the shared values, beliefs and practices of company employees including management. Company culture changes as the employees in the business change, as management makes strategic decisions and as the business environment shifts. Look for common employee behaviors.