Remove America Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Portfolio
article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

I’ve recently advised a number of emerging private equity and VC funds who are wrestling with the question: What are the highest impact steps they can take to support their portfolio companies? . Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

How Non-Partisan Business Leaders Can Help Fix America

David Teten

I’ve broken them into three buckets: A) Voting and census; B) Push media companies to inform Americans accurately; and C) Outreach to your employees and community. The most impactful step you can take to help America more accurately reflect our citizens’ (and your company’s) political goals is to increase voting rates.

America 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

The odds of a startup getting a loan from the largest banks in America aren’t favorable. But don’t fret—community lenders are helping small businesses. Meet the community lenders. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are one type of community lender. Big banks favor big loans. in Maine.

Community 117
article thumbnail

2022 Predictions

Eric Friedman

America and the world got into high gear and I got vaccinated in April 2021 and even boosted. There is also a network effect of portfolio companies with early GPs. This makes for “taking” a game community easier, and introduces new complexity for big game studios. I was totally wrong here.

article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens. Smart Contracts – Powering the internet-native financial system, smart contract networks could generate fees of $450bn in 2030. Bitcoin Allocation – Growing the role of bitcoin in investment portfolios.

article thumbnail

Book: The Innovation Blind Spot

Feld Thoughts

Ross kicks off the book with some pretty stark statistics: despite the fact that promising startup communities (such as my hometown of Boulder) are thriving, in most communities in America, firm creation is the lowest it’s been in a generation. I encourage everyone in the innovation economy to read it.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Network. Social media tools like Linkedin and FullContact increases the value of network currency (reputation and access), because people with currency can spend their currency getting to a wider array of influencers. Our industry is highly noisy, and VCs use their networks to filter for signal amidst the noise.