Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Portfolio Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. On Haywire, Semil Shah shares stories about his investments, giving a behind-the-scenes view on why he’s working with the companies in his portfolio. Interested in venture capital investment?

article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

But in Los Angeles, Santa Monica is akin to SoMa in San Francisco, Cambridge in the Boston area or Flatiron / Union Square in NYC. It is 12,000 sq ft of indoor /outdoor space and we’re building into a community work environment. Well, the venture capital industry has changed a lot in the past 20 years … and we have too.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why are Revenue-Based VCs investing in so many women & underrepresented founders?

David Teten

In addition, their portfolios look far more diverse than VC industry norms. I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. I have been impressed by how these venture capitalists are accomplishing a major social impact goal…without even trying to.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. Brad’s start in Venture Capital. a couple of people that worked for Softbank plus me got together and with sponsorships from Softbank created a separate venture fund.”. was starting.

article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

When it comes to my job, after practicing venture capital for seven years under normal circumstances, it was instructive to get thrown into this new scenario, because I don’t think we’ll ever fully “return to normal.” There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together.

article thumbnail

Director of Platform & Community

Genuine VC

My partner Rob wrote bit more on his blog about our motivations for adding our first new team member at NextView Ventures — a Director of Platform and Community. Active contributor to the Boston entrepreneurial community with extensive network across technology startups.

Community 113
article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

The SBIC was instrumental in the creation of the venture capital business. If you want to see a fun quote on it, read A History of Silicon Valley which quotes: “ …many venture capital pioneers think the SBIC program did little to advance the art and practice of venture investing.

SBIC 142