Remove California Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Just a quick note that I'll be moderating a Technology Council Event : Social Networking as a Business Strategy May 19, 2009 - Culver City Social networking media are used on a daily basis to grow businesses and expand career opportunities. Can social networking be a money-maker for companies?

article thumbnail

Techies? Write Your Own Ticket In Southern California

blog.socaltech.com

I’ve covered this topic many times before, but I keep coming back to it, because everytime I turn around I’m talking with both startups and established companies in Southern California who are telling me they are looking for technical talent to join their company. Build a Facebook application or other social networking app.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

As an entrepreneur, you simply use their investor search engine to find appropriate investors for your business according to location, industry interest, and other relevant criteria. AngelList has featured over 3 million businesses for potential investors in a format that is, effectively, a social network for entrepreneurs and angels.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate CEO Twitter List

YoungUpstarts

dennysantoso : Founder and CEO if SixReps.com Danny Santoso tweets all about social fitness, fat loss, and nutrition. brrhodes : IceRocket search engine founder and CEO Blake Rhodes tweets about his insights into social media and the online world. Foundations, Associations & Non-Profits. Business Advising & Resources.

Cofounder 239
article thumbnail

Finding The Right Angel Investor For Your New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

As an entrepreneur, you simply use their investor search engine to find appropriate investors for your business according to location, industry interest, and other relevant criteria. AngelList has featured over 3 million businesses for potential investors in a format that is, effectively, a social network for entrepreneurs and angels.

article thumbnail

Six Nudges: Creating A Sense Of Urgency For Higher Conversion Rates!

Occam's Razor

Our average delivery times to California are 50% faster than Amazon. If you are in this category, know that the last “secret” of ecommerce is that figuring out how to weaponize shipping – and free returns – is a powerful conversion increasing engine. Social cues to the rescue. Got social nudges? You catch my drift.

article thumbnail

Netflix vs. Blockbuster and bad profits (reflections from my Bazaarvoice days)

Austin Startup

Then in 1998 along came a tiny company in Los Gatos, California named Netflix. And don’t get me started on how great of a job Netflix does in creating high switching costs (or “community stickiness”) with all of its great ratings and social networking features. a recommendation engine). It worked, big time.