Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

I’ve long been an advocate of using Lean Startup principles to advance non-profits and philanthropic organizations, whose work is so urgently needed at this moment in history. In this blog post, I want to share the story of a lean pop-up organization called HelpKitchen. SF New Deal and Frontline Foods were early leaders.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

A closer look at Lean Startup Conference 2018

Startup Lessons Learned

As we put the final touches on Lean Startup Conference 2018 , I wanted to take a moment to share more about some of the panels, workshops, and events. Reid Hoffman of LinkedIn and Greylock Partners will be talking about “blitzscaling” with his co-author Chris Yeh, and Stanford Professor Bob Sutton.

Lean 103
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Retail Reimagined: 9 Trends for the Future of Physical Retail

ConversionXL

Small retailers are the bedrock of our communities, and consumers will still choose to shop retail when the experience is worth it. 52% of buyers say they’ve shifted more of their spending to online due to the pandemic. Paige Briscoe, founder of ReRoot. How about trying on outfits and seeing which materials feel best for you?

eCommerce 155
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. WorkBar Boston - Flexible co-working space near South Station.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

Being an outsider, I also wanted to lean heavily on the actual research available on the subject, as well as the voices of women both in the tech space and who have successfully received venture funding. According to Fortune , in 2006, female founders were involved in only 2.95 percent of venture capital deals, and received.33

article thumbnail

A Bplans Checklist: Your First Year in Business

Up and Running

To create this first year in business checklist, I turned to our in-house experts here at Palo Alto Software: Sabrina Parsons, CEO; Noah Parsons, COO; Josh Cochrane, Vice President of Product Development; and Josh Fegles, Academic and Government Channel Sales Director, and founder of gluten-free cookie company Jude’s Foods.