article thumbnail

5 Biggest Mistakes in Healthcare Staffing by Susanne Mariga, CPA

Mike Michalowicz

They are unable to hire the best internal staff, they are unable to pay payroll taxes, and they are unable to invest in the development of the company. Linda Murphy believes that the CMS is very prudent and values input from members of the community to implement real-world ideas. Over time doing the “right thing” builds credibility.

CPA 76
article thumbnail

The Latest Questions Small Businesses Are Asking

Up and Running

Listen with an open mind to employees, suppliers, customers, the media and members of the community. Do I need to hire a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for my small business? As a licensed professional, a CPA has to adhere to a code of professional ethics. Look for common employee behaviors.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. I hired several branding agencies to help us with brainstorms and ideation sessions, but none of them worked out. Thanks to Jody Grunden, Summit CPA Group !

Naming 150
article thumbnail

What a CFO Can Do For Your Agency

Duct Tape Marketing

Jason is a Co-founder of Thriveal, a firm that helps entrepreneurial CPA firms connect, learn and grow. He’s also the CEO of Blumer CPAs where they serve as an advisory firm for the design marketing and creative agency services niches. I'm gonna go hire 'em now they know. Marketing Podcast with Jason Blumer.

CPA 73
article thumbnail

My Chameleon Self – Context Switching by Wendy Barlin CPA

Mike Michalowicz

Pimsleur says she thinks many women are drawn to starting their own businesses because they get to define the culture in their work culture (in her case she hired several other working moms and they all had a great deal of flexibility) and create an environment where they can bring their full- selves to work. About the Author.

CPA 68
article thumbnail

Master of Customer Acquisition, Matt Coffin, On Startups …

Both Sides of the Table

I figured if Matt was on the verge of bankruptcy and one mentor changed his trajectory, what if we had a formalized, community-wide program? o Their strong skill was online media buying and optimization – they rarely would do CPA deals – mostly buying CPM. Later they became big business in Financial services lead-gen.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Share Their #1 Goal for 2020

Hearpreneur

It could be more revenue, hiring clients or launching a new product or service, but every new year is an exciting time because it’s ripe with opportunity. As a CPA, I think it’s important to bring awareness to taxes and accounting for small business owners. 6- Build a private community. 18- Supporting the community.