article thumbnail

Giving Tuesday: How BoardEffect Is Giving Back to Nonprofits

Board Effect

BoardEffect was founded in 2007 by a team of web developers that served nonprofits and educational institutions. The web developers determined to make the duties of the wonderful people they worked with easier by making a program to help them lead their organizations more efficiently and effectively. About Giving Tuesday.

article thumbnail

Tech Industry Hiring In Canada Continues To Grow

YoungUpstarts

These are software engineers, business analysts, project managers, graphic designers, and web developers. Global interest in Canadian tech jobs has increased by 58%. Global interest in Canadian tech jobs has increased by 58%. Experts believe the global interest has made these jobs easier to fill.

Canada 167
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

13 Sites You Love Built With Ruby On Rails

YoungUpstarts

With the help of our friends from Rails Ware Web Development Company , we have gathered 13 famous sites built with Ruby on Rails framework: 500px. Probably, the best-known photography community ever. Your best helper is CouchSurfing – a social networking and hospitality exchange website.

Ruby 124
article thumbnail

4 In Demand Products During This Time Of Pandemic

YoungUpstarts

Assistive Devices : Global Market Insights, Inc. estimates in their recent report that medical products will have a very high global market valuation, crossing 30 billion US dollars by 2026. Web developers and IT companies can offer e-learning tools to supply the digital needs that private organizations and governments immensely need.

Demand 173
article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

If manufacturers can increase productivity , they can produce more without increasing costs, then they are more globally competitive. 13- Showcase different communities. That is when I decided I wanted to pivot my business to showcase the different communities I have had the privilege of visiting. Photo Credit: Marc Tonkin.

article thumbnail

Feld.com Automagically Upgraded To HTTPS By Pantheon

Feld Thoughts

It is akin to an old-fashioned barn raising but on a global scale, organized by engineers with good intentions to protect users, and ensure that the web remains a vibrant and trusted ecosystem into the future. When you load your website, do you see the happy green box of Secure “https”? If so, nice work!

Caching 70
article thumbnail

Booming Business: How to Create Better Brand Recognition

Women Entrepreneurs Can

Different platforms connect global communities every day. Consider hiring a web developer to create pages for your business on various sites. It’s hard to imagine what life was like before social media. Yet, social media is more than a means to pass the time.