article thumbnail

These Five Principles Will Accelerate Innovation

Steve Blank

To help a large Defense organization wrestle with how to increase the velocity of innovation in their ranks Steve Blank and I spent the better part of last week with our heads together reviewing everything we learned in the five years since we merged the concepts of problem curation and Lean while launching the innovation pipeline.

Curation 344
article thumbnail

10,000 Startups – Startup Weekend Next

Steve Blank

The Lean LaunchPad Class. You may have read my previous posts about the Lean LaunchPad entrepreneurship class. And in the thirty days since we’ve put the Lean LaunchPad class online at Udacity – 50,000 students have been taking it. Your pre-class reading is to watch the Lean LaunchPad initial lectures on Udacity).

Startup 335
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A New Way to Teach Entrepreneurship – The Lean LaunchPad at Stanford: Class 1

Steve Blank

In January, we introduced a new graduate course at Stanford called the " target="_blank">Lean LaunchPad. The Lean LaunchPad class was scheduled to meet for three hours once a week. We made clear that this class wasn’t an incubator. For the past three months, we’ve run an experiment in teaching entrepreneurship. The First Class.

Lean 298
article thumbnail

Customer Development in Japan: a History Lesson

Steve Blank

To celebrate the debut of the Japan edition of “The Startup Owner’s Manual” and to express great thanks to Steve and his co-author Bob Dorf, I would like to reflect back what first drew me to this book and offer Steve’s worldwide readers a look at the progress of Customer Development and the Lean LaunchPad class in Japan. Takashi Tsutsumi.

Japan 292
article thumbnail

Startup Communities – Building Regional Clusters

Steve Blank

How to build regional entrepreneurial communities has just gotten it’s first “here’s how to do it” book. Feld’s thesis is that unlike the common wisdom, it is entrepreneurs that lead a startup community while everyone else feeds the community. These events are a good proxy for the health and depth of a startup community.

Community 333
article thumbnail

Doing > Talking

Startup Lessons Learned

The Lean Startup track was successful beyond my wildest imaginations (we'll have video up soon ). He told us stories of specific examples of "lean government" in action, ranging from HealthCare.gov to a new approval process for medical devices at the FDA. And today's post represents the results: The 2012 AppSumo Lean SX Bundle.

Lean 165
article thumbnail

The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Goes Lean

Steve Blank

We tend to associate the government with words like bureaucracy rather than lean innovation. Department of Defense by adopting Lean Methodology inside their agency. In July the NGA hosted the inaugural 2016 Intelligence Community Innovation Conference with attendees from across the Department of Defense and public sector.

Lean 177