article thumbnail

7 Considerations In Choosing A Startup Funding Source

Startup Professionals Musings

Angels are more likely to fund new entrepreneurs, and early-stage or seed rounds, while VCs tend to focus on entrepreneurs with a successful track record, and later stage rounds. How good are your connections in the investor community? In fact, the reality is quite the opposite.

article thumbnail

Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities

Both Sides of the Table

We threw a Launchpad LA dinner to bring the community together as we tend to do 6-10 times a year. Brad wrote up his answer here – you should read it because it’s very instructive for how I believe communities ought to think about naming conventions. ” That always stuck with me. That seems very Brad to me.

Community 304
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Optimizing Your Website For Better Business: Four Tips To Getting It Right

YoungUpstarts

Consumers have grown increasingly impatient when it comes to using the Internet, so it is important to catch their attention early with content that will keep them engaged. These optimization tips can help companies at early and even later stages make great strides to optimize the potential of their website… and business.

article thumbnail

7 Entrepreneur Questions To Select The Ideal Investor

Startup Professionals Musings

Angels are more likely to fund new entrepreneurs, and early-stage or seed rounds, while VCs tend to focus on entrepreneurs with a successful track record, and later stage rounds. How good are your connections in the investor community? In fact, the reality is quite the opposite.

article thumbnail

Diverse Lead Firms

Austin Startup

We focus primarily on software and Internet companies in areas such as SaaS, application software, financial software, consumer internet, and online marketplaces. These sectors generally leverage the Internet or software in a fundamental way.

article thumbnail

Instead of sticking a fork in the venture market, realize. there is no fork

This is going to be BIG.

The other day, I noticed an eye-catching headline: "Internet Funding Boom Ends as Fast as It Began". Television disruption seems right around the corner, with Apple working on the in home viewing experience and lots more consumers getting internet connected devices plugged into their TVs. Perhaps I need to rethink that.

article thumbnail

At last, the full promise of crypto networks is coming alive

Version One Ventures

The Internet is free, and crypto networks enable the creation of additional value for users and contributors. . Andre Cronje, the creator of the protocol, handed over governance to the community right after launch (and kept no ownership at all in the protocol!) 3) A decentralized governance model. 4) Better than free.