article thumbnail

Founders Interview: Atlas Group London – ConstructionTech Transforming Healthcare

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Founder Interview Series , we interviewed Maha and David Harper, wife and husband co-founders of Atlas Group London, a construction-tech startup that has digitized the building of healthcare facilities. Describe the company’s pivot point, and its impact on the company?

article thumbnail

How Many Angels is the Right Amount for a Startup to Have?

Both Sides of the Table

I love how open Danielle has been throughout the development of her startup Mattermark including honest reflections of when she has changed her opinion. They now have a strong VC lead from Foundry Group and from experience when you get advice from Foundry it comes with authority, experience, empathy and the right amount of straight talk.

Cap Table 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Do I Feel About the Snap IPO Given I Didn’t Invest?

Both Sides of the Table

We are hugely appreciative of their successes because it’s helped grow technology talent in Los Angeles and some time down the line we know the “Snapchat Mafia” will be armed with millions of dollars and fund and create startups all over LA. We felt proud to be the lead investor in Maker Studios at a sub $5 million valuation.

IPO 214
article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

But in practice, these phenomena create a tremendous volume of startups, which investors then have to filter. Most investors rely on their network of colleagues and service providers to source investments. Companies like PrivCo and Navon Partners (my old startup) are working on automating this signal identification process.

article thumbnail

9 Tips for Raising Startup Funds on AngelList

mashable.com

Facebook Co-Founder’s Startup Asana Launches Publicly. Facebook Co-Founder’s Startup Asana Launches Publicly. 9 Tips for Raising Startup Funds on AngelList. Joshua Baer is the co-founder and CEO of Otherinbox , a prolific angel investor and the director of Capital Factory , Austin’s seed-stage incubator.

article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies. From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. And today, AngelList is opening the platform up to all startups with top-tier investors.

SEC 61
article thumbnail

The Future of Startup Funding

www.paulgraham.com

Want to start a startup? August 2010 Two years ago I wrote about what I called " a huge, unexploitedopportunity in startup funding :" the growing disconnect betweenVCs, whose current business model requires them to invest largeamounts, and a large class of startups that need less than theyused to. Get funded by Y Combinator.

Startup 93