article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

At the outset, it is worth noting that when it comes to the world of venture funding, I am a bit of an outsider. Until a handful of years ago, I didn’t even know what venture capital was, let alone anything about the complicated process of actually acquiring VC funding. percent of venture capital deals, and received.33

article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

Inside the Minds of Top Venture Capitalists: Blogs You Need to Read to Understand How VCs Think. Eric Ries of The Lean Startup has called Andrew Chen’s blog “one of the best entrepreneurship blogs of all time.” Venture capital is a male-dominated business and it’s rare to get the perspectives of female VC. andrewchen.co.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

She had so much insight to share that we broke the interview into two parts, 1) Corporate Venture Capital and more broadly, 2) How the Fortune 500 Can Buy, Invest and Partner with the Innovation Economy (coming soon). . Teten: How do corporate VCs interact with the broader VC community? . They invest alongside financial VCs.

article thumbnail

Is Going for Rapid Growth Always Good? Aren’t Startups So Much More?

Both Sides of the Table

He also nails the reason why venture capital is still necessary to grow large businesses quickly in a world where the costs of running startups have fallen dramatically. After all, growth equals high valuations and loads of venture capital! It’s ok to raise venture capital and try to build a monster business.

article thumbnail

Customer Development in Japan: a History Lesson

Steve Blank

The book has been shepherded and edited by a great Japanese VC at Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Venture Capital, Takashi Tsutsumi, with help from Masato Iino. Back in 1990’s, I was working for one of the leading sogo shohsa (trading company) in Japan, building data communications startups. ————-.

Japan 302
article thumbnail

Innovation and Venture Capital in New Jersey

Feld Thoughts

If you are a fan of Startup Communities , there’s a lot going on around new initiatives on this front. Ian Hathaway and I are hard at work on a book called The Startup Community Way, which is modeled after Eric Ries’ evolution of The Lean Startup to his recent book The Startup Way.

article thumbnail

Diverse Lead Firms

Austin Startup

645 Ventures: A New Era of Venture Capital Investing Arena Growth Partners We help great leaders build great businesses. Aspect Ventures | Aligned VC We believe that the interests of investors and entrepreneurs can and should be aligned.