article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

From the beginnings of NextView, we have had a commitment to being high-conviction, hands-on, seed stage focused investors. Today, we have invested in over 100 high-growth companies, some of which have grown to be household names with thousands of employees making a huge impact in the everyday lives of everyday people. .

article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

Often companies will put you on their advisory board just to use your name and image (and not really want your advice). I didn’t want to have to sell back into the intelligence community, because I didn’t want to leverage my contacts so tactically, but plenty of people do it (and we need good people to do it.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Get a Job In Venture Capital

VC Adventure

It’s interesting to note that the majority of these new funds are focused on Seed stage investing (not surprising if you follow the market, although investments at the Seed and Seed + stages have started to decline quite a bit from their peak a few years ago). Get involved in your community.

article thumbnail

Should You Consider Replacing Yourself as CEO?

Both Sides of the Table

I wrote about Jonathan’s visit (but never named him by name until now) because it was so memorable. I have a very public seed stage investment policy and awe.sm ” We had inbound M&A requests from some of the biggest names in tech. I wish the tech community would found its own version of YPO Forum.

article thumbnail

Why Reporters Ignore Your Seed-Stage Startup Pitches, And How to Fix That

View from Seed

Even if you’re in the pre-revenue, pre-seed or seed stage, there are still ways to get on a reporter’s radar. Even if your own company isn’t newsworthy, you are on the ground in the startup community, and that is valuable. You have a new, big name advisor (unless it’s a big , big name this rarely works).

article thumbnail

Harvard’s Big Moves to Improve Its Startup Spirit: An HBS Student’s Take

View from Seed

He is currently a second year student at Harvard Business School and will be focused on supporting the early-stage startup community in Boston and its schools. This is his first post to The View From Seed. And done well, local seed capital can be the catalyst for the new Harvard engineering campus in Allston.

Boston 328
article thumbnail

Venture Capitalists Will Overpay For Seed Rounds But For Reasons You Likely Haven’t Considered

Hunter Walker

Haystack’s Semil Shah wrote up his POV on what this has all meant for the seed market and one point in particular caught my eye. Semil asserts, Seed-stage valuations have generally been left-unchanged, and I could argue even they’ve gone up since the beginning of 2022. Why are the Top 10% less impacted?