article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

My wife, Ann, and I took a trip this past spring to visit Estonia, Finland, Ireland and Russia. We finished our first full day at a dinner with Halo , the Northern Ireland Business Angel Network (Alan Watts). Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event.

Community 121
article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War

Steve Blank

Five years ago, Joe Felter , Pete Newell and I realized that few of our students considered careers in the Department of Defense or Intelligence Community. Today there is a national network of 40 colleges and universities teaching Hacking for Defense.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 6 Magento Development Technologies You Should Know

The Startup Magazine

The Magento e-commerce system is not very common in Russia where there are few serious implementations in domestic e-commerce, and there are almost no competent developers either. There is the free Open Source edition built by the community. But in the world of CMS, Magento development now occupies a leading position.

Developer 158
article thumbnail

[Interview] Pekka Viljakainen, Author of “No Fear: Business Leadership for the Digital Age” (Part II)

YoungUpstarts

Having said that you can also find the most narrow-minded people from the U.S – people who talk about wanting to do business in Russia or China without ever visiting these countries. Tell us about the No Fear community site that you’ve put together. Some of the European countries are extremely active socially.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Future Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

Our industry is definitely moving to an all-encompassing travel and business aids model in which the entire network of services related to it are part of a larger portfolio that includes deliveries, coordination with fulfillment companies, and app-based platforms that assist both the vacationer and business person. Photo Credit: Cody Candee.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #85 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

What It’s Like To Be An Entrepreneur – Network After Work – [link]. Not surprising that more affluent consumers use social networks differently – [link]. Good article on ranking algorithms & inner workings of Yandex (Russia’s Google) – [link]. Good thoughts on teams and accountability – [link].

article thumbnail

Unveiling Possibilities: Learnings from TED 2023 in Vancouver

VC Cafe

Apart from being one of the best events from a production point of view (lots of attention to detail from communication to infrastructure and design) it was an opportunity to learn, network and get inspired. I ran into friends, ex colleagues from Google and made new friends.The TED community is what genuinely makes TED special.